ECY on love2brew.com right now!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leeds, I have the same problem. I have never gotten a newsletter. I usually check Love2Brew every day. They tend to release once per month, sometimes twice, usually on Saturdays.

Yeah, I'm sure we can figure something. Heck maybe I'll trade you for some sour/lambic knowledge, I'll be doing my first brett beer in a week and 1/2 but using the ECY01 will be my first true sour experience.

I can def share some knowledge with you, I have a few sours going right now. Do you happen to go to the HOTV homebrew club meetings?

Are the ECY packages better than what Wyeast and White Labs sell?
Such as:
WLP653 Brettanomyces lambicus
WLP655 Belgian Sour Mix 1

Wyeast 5526 Brettanomyces lambicus
Wyeast 5112 Brettanomyces bruxellensis

Are there any White Labs or Wyest Lambic cultures to avoid?
Any that are especially good?

ArcLight said:
Are the ECY packages better than what Wyeast and White Labs sell?
Such as:
WLP653 Brettanomyces lambicus
WLP655 Belgian Sour Mix 1

Wyeast 5526 Brettanomyces lambicus
Wyeast 5112 Brettanomyces bruxellensis

Are there any White Labs or Wyest Lambic cultures to avoid?
Any that are especially good?

Yes ECY is on a different planet; buy it if you can

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to clarify that we do not send out emails for the announcement of ECY. The only way to announce the arrival is via our facebook and/or twitter pages. If you want the most up to date info following us would be your best bet.

Shipping is unfortunately out of our control; we're in NJ so especially shipping out west it can rise up.

Exciting news though if you're going to the National Homebrew Conference this year in philly Al from ECY will be at the love2brew booth! Hopefully you can swing by and say hello!

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to clarify that we do not send out emails for the announcement of ECY. The only way to announce the arrival is via our facebook and/or twitter pages. If you want the most up to date info following us would be your best bet.

Shipping is unfortunately out of our control; we're in NJ so especially shipping out west it can rise up.

Exciting news though if you're going to the National Homebrew Conference this year in philly Al from ECY will be at the love2brew booth! Hopefully you can swing by and say hello!

I think we were referring to the ECY site on Princeton Homebrew. There is a link to a Google group on there page for ECY but no one ever updates it. Which is why we all flood your site every day hoping and wishing there will be some bugs from Al! Thanks for all that you do. Thanks to you guys I am only missing 3 ECY strains and I have an awesome inoculated barrel.

I think we were referring to the ECY site on Princeton Homebrew. There is a link to a Google group on there page for ECY but no one ever updates it. Which is why we all flood your site every day hoping and wishing there will be some bugs from Al! Thanks for all that you do. Thanks to you guys I am only missing 3 ECY strains and I have an awesome inoculated barrel.

I think he gave up on update it, no point as soon as he offers them they are gone. If you sign up you'll get email from Al at Princeton Homebrew when ECY is available for mail order. I got one yesterday, lots available and I'm sure they were gone in minutes...
You need to join the Google group and when you get them read his email right away, very carefully and play by the guide lines he sets out. Good luck it's not easy but worth it!

I think ECY03B and nardensis sold out in minutes. I can hook you up with ECY03B and ECY04 anamola. I'm just waiting on some vials. Just put your berliner in the fridge. Last bottle from our trade. :(

I just grabbed the bugfarm and scottish ale. I just noticed this was a old thread. Thanks for the resurrection though.

Thanks for the heads up. I've noticed that they have had ECY02 in stock for a couple of weeks. I picked up some of that, along with Bug Farm and ECY29, which is described as being the Conan strand.

I think ECY03B and nardensis sold out in minutes. I can hook you up with ECY03B and ECY04 anamola. I'm just waiting on some vials. Just put your berliner in the fridge. Last bottle from our trade. :(

I'd love to grab some of that ECY03 sometime, sounds like a great saison strain.

Hope you like that BW

Dang, they "only" have bugcounty left. Hopefully,I will grab 03,19,30 at some point. Excited to see drops are starting to pickup.

Thanks for the heads up. Finally got some Bug County for my Solera...

Not a problem. I got five Bug Counties from the Princeton Homebrew offering the other week so I thought I'd pass it forward. I'm actually starting a lambic solera in my new 15 gallon speidel soon with two Bug Counties.

I scored two ECY 20's and a north west ale. I had this weird feeling at work that I should check and sure as **** it was in stock. I'm excited. I currently have 2 sours going. Ones 5 months old the other is 2 weeks.

Rys06Tbss said:
I scored two ECY 20's and a north west ale. I had this weird feeling at work that I should check and sure as **** it was in stock. I'm excited. I currently have 2 sours going. Ones 5 months old the other is 2 weeks.

You got two? Wtf?

Two separate orders. I though I ordered two but it was only one. I placed a second when I got home. There was an issue with my first order but I didn't bother to read the issue. I'm guessing that was it. Is there a one per limit? Everythime I get the email from google groups it's always a day late.

What is the best way to get notified immediately when their yeast comes in stock? Trying to get some bug country.

I simply subscribed to this forum and was notified throught it via email. BTW you litterally just missed it. Was still in stock about an hour ago when I looked.

I always miss out on this and with princeton - they put this up while I'm sleeping (I work night shifts). Makes me so sad - I want ECY04, ECY03b so badly!

BTW, (non-funk related) the site still has some ECY29 in stock as of a minute ago - you have to google search it or search it on their site b/c I can't find it directly linked on the ECY yeast page - probably why it's still in stock...

Back