Dec 21 2012 Who has Plans???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airplanedoc

Reaction score
Looks like it is on a Friday. Anybody have any great "End of the World" plans? Did you brew a special beer for it, or are you going to brew on the big day? Anybody going to party like a dying myan?

It's a buddy's birthday, so we hare having a birthday party for him. I'm sure with plenty of end of the world jokes.

Well being a Friday I will probably have one or eight beers.
We will have to see if this is as catastrophic as Y2K was!

One of my brew buddies, who used to be on here, is having a party.

I have this on a t-shirt I'm going to wear.

truth-about-2012-mayan-calander.gif

I have no big plans. I will probably do a combination of studying for the bar, brewing beer and drinking beer. I guess I'll feel pretty stupid if it's the end and I went out that way...

I am going to stuff my pockets with some quality brew. And take the dog for a long walk down the railroad tracks to his favorite swiming hole. That way if the world ends he won't think i'm a stiff and what not. For noing the world might end and not taking him.

One of my brew buddies, who used to be on here, is having a party.

I have this on a t-shirt I'm going to wear.

truth-about-2012-mayan-calander.gif

Ha! Nice.

I'm not sure yet, but I'll probably get together a bunch of brew buddies and have a BBQ.

I wish there were some live webcams directly facing those large groups of people who actually believe there is going to be some catastrophic event. I'd have it on my big screen all day to see the disappointment.

However, if they are right, it won't mean anything anyways :p

Does anybody know if the end is supposed to come at 12:01 AM or 11:59PM? If it ends at 12:01 AM I am going to feel screwed cause I missed out on a whole day.

The Maya were located in the same timezone as me so that isn't much of a factor

Driving from NC to NY to see family for the Christmas holidays. Judging by past trips, I'll likely be trapped on the New Jersey Turnpike when the sun goes down....

That happens to be the day that this round of Stone's Enjoy By beer needs to be drank, so I'll drink however much of it I have left in the fridge.

Interesting social life you have there.

For some reason people just don't come up and talk to me, so calling it a social life might be kind of a stretch.

But in reality, I'll probably just be brewing. Maybe an end of the world super high gravity brew? Only open up a bottle every date someone predicts the world is going to end. It might not even have a chance to age properly if I follow that rule though...

I'm just using it as a excuse to party

Most sensible post in this thread. :mug:
But to be on the safe side, I'll be partying deep underground in the NORAD bunker.
:D

With my luck, the end will be from underground monsters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn! I forgot all about this and I am completely unprepared for the end of the world. I'm glad to know about that leap year thing though. So that means that the world has ended and I just didn't notice?

I was going to sacrfice some captives and brew a batch of Xipe Topec Moonshine Barrel aged stout but wikipedia just told me he's Aztec. So I guess I don't have any plans.

Back