Best Summer Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NB's Patersbier and NB's TCan and Bearcat Wheaten Beatdown. Perfect summertime light bodied but flavorful thirst quenchers. I brew all types, but would not hesitate to brew these extract again. Awesome beers that are simple to make.

^^^ Northern Brewer, their recipes for their kits are online in PDF format. Great retailer.

I will second Northern Brewer's Patersbier, it is delicious, refreshing and easy drinking. IF you go to the NB website and find the kit you can download a pdf that outlines the recipie.

If your brewing your own I think Kolsch is one of the best summer beers to make.It is
actually quite easy,80% pils malt,20% wheat malt,1 oz. perle,tett or hallertau and a
good Kolsch yeast.WLP 029 or Wyeast 2565.Another easy one is American Wheat Ale.

Cheers

I enjoy a nice dry saison when its hot, very refreshing. Ferments at warmer temps too. Take a look at the recipe database for some great ones.

I enjoy a nice dry saison when its hot, very refreshing. Ferments at warmer temps too. Take a look at the recipe database for some great ones.

Me too...

There are several in the recipe database that I have made variations of and they were all good.

stikks said:
If your brewing your own I think Kolsch is one of the best summer beers to make.It is
actually quite easy,80% pils malt,20% wheat malt,1 oz. perle,tett or hallertau and a
good Kolsch yeast.WLP 029 or Wyeast 2565.Another easy one is American Wheat Ale.

Cheers

I agree. We just kicked a keg of Bee Cave Kolsch. Easy, cheap, and really enjoyable lighter beer. I will keep it in tap through the summer.

I've never brewed a beer under 1.060 before, sad to say. Going to change that next week and brew a nice Koelsch since it's already sweatin' balls here in Texas.

Back