Blue Mountain Brewery...nearing completion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
This is gonna be hype. A local brewmaster, who I usually trade yeast/grain with for homebrew, has been building this place for the past 8 months or so. He's hoping to be open to the public by October 1. We stopped by on Saturday and Taylor gave us a tour of the current facilities. To say I was jealous was an understatement.

24.3.JPG

24.6.JPG

They were installing and hooking up the brewstand when we were there. The boiler is 15bbl capacity, and each conical is 30bbl, plus a few brite tanks of the same size. He says his yearly output capacity is going to be about 3000bbl, but they should break even around 1500. But what a great concept...all these wineries around here have nice tasting-bars and cute little places for people to come have picnics and stuff...but there's nothing like a beer garden in the middle of wine country. He's got a bunch of cascade vines with nice cones on them too. They'll serve cheese/meat plates and little gourmet pizzas and stuff, and there's a fireplace with couches, and a deck with a spectacular view of the Blue Ridge.

If you're ever up VA way, you should drop by and support the place...though, given the popularity of his brews at South Street, I think they'll do just fine. :rockin:

Thats actually identical to the setup I just got quoted on except I went all 15BBL on my fermentors and bright tanks.

Best of luck to the guy, hes got a good brewhouse right there

Chimone said:
Thats actually identical to the setup I just got quoted on except I went all 15BBL on my fermentors and bright tanks.

So what's something like that go for?

I needed an excuse to get back up to the Blue Ridge Mountains. Looks like I know where I'll be heading this fall. :mug:

Flyin' Lion said:
I needed an excuse to get back up to the Blue Ridge Mountains. Looks like I know where I'll be heading this fall. :mug:

You always got a place in C'ville where the homebrew is cold and plentiful...:mug:

That brewhouse is the same as ours in capacity (Lazy Magnolia...did I mention I work there now?) :cross:

However, I'd question the placement of the control panel. I'd hate to have to climb to the second level to start the pump each time. Ours is at ground level. Also, most of our fermentation tanks are 30BBL, but we do have two new 60BBL tanks...takes four brew sessions to fill one!!! :D

That equipment does look nice and new and shiny! :p

Back