• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Brew tree/stand welding PDX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like a nice job. If it were local I'd want to check it out and negotiate a little. Not sure why their are so mnay people on this website forum bashing people (myself included) who post equipment for sale. If this guy/gal wants to bust his back making stuff and selling it, more power to him/her. It's like their are people who actually get their kick bashing and talking down other people's hard work ... like they are selling similar product and are in competition. I do very much hope the web administrators and management are aware of the legal implications of slander (or whatever it's called in the legal ciricles) when users dishonestly state "facts" that are masking their interest to sell product. It's like those legal commercial wars we see on TV that end up in court.... Don't delete the forum database files ... that's what I'm advising. It's a nice looking tree. If he can sell it, great. Haggle a little, great. Bash with dishonest statements by proxy of people who are selling similar product ... Talk to the judge.

Dude, seriously. Get a life. We are homebrewers here evaluating the value of a product no different than any other commercial product out there. More power to anyone that wants to sell anything at whatever price they want to. More power to the consumers that talk about those products and expresses their opinion about it. You should probably do a little more research on what slander actually is because it has nothing to do with suggesting that someone's product is overpriced. I also don't think the site admin needs your legal advice.

Stating an opinion that something is worth less than the listed price is not slander. Calling someone dishonest, a sleeze, and such without it being true is much closer to slander.

anyway, that price needs to be reevaluated. $500? not a chance. there are several places on the web that sell a nicer stand for that price

I was really excited the other day until I opened the link for that guy's stuff hoping to go over and pick something up (local welders seem rare for some reason, unless they are making hipster bikes) but wow. Honestly for that much money I would rather buy my own welder and play around learning to make my own... for $500+ of weekend garage handyman work I expect it to already have nice burners installed along with like 20+ psi valves, ignition systems, and a propane tank... and it definitely needs a sweet paint job!

...and someone needs to go find some yahoo forums to argue their concepts of internet law.

Agree with the above comments in that this is too expensive. Although, sometimes people don't know what something is worth untill the realize that no one is buying what they are selling. I realize this is not a good deal simply because I'm on these forums often.

Ace: looks like you took Bobby M advice and dropped the price on your “brew stand” and put it back up on eBay but still no bids ….strange….

My advice is to cut down on the rants here and w/ your posting on ebay:
“I'm not a store and don't want to deal with more annoying cops/scammers/strange people/etc.”
Maybe it’s not just your price or quality of the merchandise but it may be.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Beer-Brewing-Eq...355?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf3daa233

Back