Where To Buy Bottle Caps (Crowns)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Dean

Reaction score
I used to keg, but realized I didn't like it so I've moved back to bottling. I've got a large selection of bottle shapes which I've been correlating with caps to keep track of flavor, but sometimes I run out of caps and sometimes i run out of bottles of the same shape.

I don't want to label my bottles so I've been aiming to find a "standard" bottle, etch my brewery logo onto the bottles and use various caps to identify the beer.

The problem is that I'm not sure where to get a variety of caps. I've got four or five different ones but that's not enough. I've checked eBay and there's a TON of them but it seems crafters use them too, and some have no plastic inside which makes them useless for brewing. So I'd seriously like to find a place that can ship beer worthy bottle caps, offers lots of designs (perferably not existing brands of beer or soda, but if that's all I can get...) and doesn't require the purchase of a whole pallete load.

Any leads? Thanks for reading this long winded post.

I tried that for a while and have finally ended up using a Sharpie marker to make various symbols on the caps. Usually a I, II, X or P (pilsner). It's worth a go if you can't find a source for distinctive colored caps.

But if you DO find a source, let us know, eh? I'd like to find some new designs too!

+1 for batch numbers on the cap with a sharpie.

I would be interested in hearing if anyone found a good price on bulk caps (5#, 10#, whatever).

There's circular labels for your printer that fit caps. You could print whatever you want on them and then stick 'em on.

Several colors available here. I've never ordered from there, just happened to stumble across the site.

Rick500 said:
Several colors available here. I've never ordered from there, just happened to stumble across the site.

ZOMGPONIES! Thank you SO much! 7 pounds of caps in 7 colors for "not too bad". More expensive after shipping than bulks from my LHBS, but I'll happily pay a premium for what I want!

I've never ordered from them before, but they advertise pretty much every month in BYO, so they're legit and decently stable. I'm going to order a bunch this week, thanks for the lead!

I work near their store, I bought some growlers and the paper bottle holders- I love those things. They're an ok store, not my fave but good in a pinch.

I sent the guy an e-mail and he responded rather quickly so I ordered 5 pounds (Realized I've already got silver and gold) of crowns this afternoon. I requested red, green, blue, black and teal, so we'll see how that works!

Thanks very much for the lead.

What the Wrap designs custom one inch stickers that will fit on any bottle cap.
They are 3.15 a page and you get 63 on a sheet.
They arent on their website so you have to contact them and get a quote...no set up fee or anything.

www.whatthewrap.com

No set up fee or anything? Wow, that doesn't sound like an advertisement at all!! I'm sold! Thanks anonymous poster!

Latest posts

Back