• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - Pliny the Elder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtt121

Reaction score
Tired of waiting for this beer to show up in philly again. I will probably miss it when it does.

Can anyone work with me on sending some pliney to NJ? I will pay for it, trade for it, pay for shipping etc...

You should set up a beer trade on Reddit or BA. Selling beer is illegal without the proper license...

ratebeer may also do trades, I don't know...

You should set up a beer trade on Reddit or BA. Selling beer is illegal without the proper license...

ratebeer may also do trades, I don't know...

I have in the past with no takers.

I dont know what is legal and what isnt anymore. There is a loophole for everything. For example you can buy single bottles of pliney for $20+ shipped on ebay. Check it out.

I would just rather get a six or twelve pack.

Ahhh.. so this ebay deal is starting to look a little more apealing. Unless someone wants to get me a keg!

My brother made the rounds of the decent beer stores shortly before my sister flew out here last week (from Huntington Beach) to see if he could locate some Pliny to send my way. No luck whatsoever...

I've had around 8 bottles of Pliny over the last few years. It's definitely worth it.

This is why I shall forever be in love with jmulligan. She sent me a Pliny as part of a swap.
Otherwise, I would have never tasted the supreme awesomeness that is IPA nirvana.

_

Are you willing to share the place or are you going to hog all that lupulin goodness to yourself.

I live in the bay area, 45 min away from Russian River and other great local brewery's, Pliny cost us about 6-8 bucks i think from are whole foods. What kind of deal would you like to work out.

I have a local store that has Pliny as well as other Russian River beers. If you like strong IPAs, there is Drakes Hopocalypse and Denogginzer (my new favorite).

I'd be willing to do a trade for some Philly locals. How many are you looking for? I haven't done any trades. How do you go about it?

Thanks for the input Yuri.

Guys.. I would love it if either of you would be willing to do a trade? Any Philly area beers you have been looking to try?

For those of you who didn't get to try Pliny the Younger i know of 2 more places that will be having it on tap in the upcoming weeks local to philly.

Iron Abbey Gastropub
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Iron%20Abbey

Tapping Russian River Pliny of the younger
WhenSaturday, Mar 26, 2011
WhereIron Abbey (map)
DescriptionPliny of the younger tapping at 11 am. One serving per person. We have tickets avalible at the front door that day. If you like to get on loyal customer list and get your ticket ahead of time email me at [email protected] (not garanteed unless you recive a confirmation). This is a rare brew it will go fast. Cheers

And Capone's

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=capones&fb=1&gl=us&hq=capones&hnear=Fort+Washington,+PA&cid=0,0,18192842232651440938&ei=YfWITeX2Jcj0gAeH4ITBDQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CDQQnwIwAw"]http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=capones&fb=1&gl=us&hq=capones&hnear=Fort+Washington,+PA&cid=0,0,18192842232651440938&ei=YfWITeX2Jcj0gAeH4ITBDQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CDQQnwIwAw[/ame]

I believe April 2nd in the am as well. Call for details.

Hey guys, I don't mean to jump on someone else's thread, but I am very interested in doing a trade. I live in South Florida and I have recently come across some Hopslam, which is mighty fine and from what I understand you guys out on the west coast have trouble finding it there. I also have access to several Cigar City brews which I have found to be very tasty.

My brew club is going to set up a brew day for Pliny the elder, but I'd love to know what the commercial one is supposed to taste like (purely scientific interest :cross:) all you west coast folks, email me!! [email protected]

ohhh, burn!!!

Consider it done. Thanks for stirring up at least some interest, I feel that every time this pops up on the sampling forum everyone wants pliny and no one has any to give.

Hehe.

I need to brew some too.

Strange.. maybe people just arent paroozing the sampling forum

Hey guys, I don't mean to jump on someone else's thread, but I am very interested in doing a trade. I live in South Florida and I have recently come across some Hopslam, which is mighty fine and from what I understand you guys out on the west coast have trouble finding it there. I also have access to several Cigar City brews which I have found to be very tasty.

My brew club is going to set up a brew day for Pliny the elder, but I'd love to know what the commercial one is supposed to taste like (purely scientific interest :cross:) all you west coast folks, email me!! [email protected]
If you can get Hunahpu's I would be very interested in trading.

Well If anyone would like to do some trading please send me a message. I can get almost about any west coast beer over here including all of russian rivers brews to include there awesome sour aged in wine barrels beligums. Drakes, Marin brewing, iron springs, laguntias, stone and many more.

Back