10 gal blichmann for MLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemman14

Reaction score
I want to get into all grain brewing and my Dad wants to get me a nice piece of brewing equipment for xmas. I was thinking about getting the Blichmann 10 gallon pot for use as a boil kettle. Would it also be possible to use this as a MLT without some type of temperature controlled gas burner? I currently boil on a turkey fryer.

The boilermaker has a temperature gauge so you could use that to monitor your temperature and adjust as necessary.

I had thought about the same, but you may have issues maintaining mash temperature unless you are using a RIMS or HERMS system from what I gathered. You could always wrap it in a blanket or something.

I opted to go with using a cooler for my mash tun and I'll stick with using the boilermaker as a kettle. I did order mine with a false bottom though in case I decide to try it down the road.

The boilermaker has a temperature gauge so you could use that to monitor your temperature and adjust as necessary.

I had thought about the same, but you may have issues maintaining mash temperature unless you are using a RIMS or HERMS system from what I gathered. You could always wrap it in a blanket or something.

I opted to go with using a cooler for my mash tun and I'll stick with using the boilermaker as a kettle. I did order mine with a false bottom though in case I decide to try it down the road.

yeah, I think I will just buy a cooler for a MLT and use my 8 gal brew kettle as my HLT

is there anywhere that sells a single cooler setup for a MLT? i saw that northern brewer has a dual cooler setup

braid vs FB is a long and heated debate.
It's more about wether you batch or fly sparge, and if you have the $ for the FB.
Braids can be made CHEAP and are very effective for batch sparging.

Back