What's your occupation: Engineer or Non-Engineer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your occupation

• Engineer

• Non-Engineer

Results are only viewable after voting.
Think I might be the only soccer coach on here?! Played a bit when I was younger and moved into coaching when I was 18. Did in voluntarily alongside other jobs but took it on FT back home in Scotland in 2008. First came over to the States in '09 for 4 months and made 3 other trips over. Finally made the jump proper in May 2012. Loving every second so far. :)

Because of the title of the poll, an engineer is much more likely to be intrigued by it and thus click on the thread and vote.

"Wine is made by farmers. Beer is made by engineers."

Can't remember who gets credit for that bit of wit but it does seem to be true. OTOH I came over here because of the title.

I'm a pearl buyer, I buy South Sea Pearls for a Japanese luxury pearl jewelry company. Found my way in to this mess because I was a jewelry which basically is engineering useless things out of very expenses materials.

I'm not an engineer, although my branch is Electrical and Mechanical Engineers. I am an electronics-optronics tech in the canadian Forces... it's still amazes me to see how many engineers are lurking on this forum.. wow !

Cheers !

Quality engineer for one of the Big 3 auto companies. And I have an '01 PT Cruiser I'm currently working on. It's slightly amusing, my daily driver is American muscle and my project is a grocery getter. I feel like I'm doing something backwards here. :D

Filmmaker/cinematographer/video editor

I would say non engineer but creating stereoscopic rigs and working in advance software has its parallels to engineering.

I'm a Data Architect and Business Information Modeler. Just fancy terms for saying I design Data Warehouses. Used to be a Marine Biologist

Chemistry, Wayne State University Detroit, Michigan 2008

and for crying out glob, enzymes are not living things. They are protiens, for the most part, that catalyze chemical reactions.

Barista at Starbucks. I brews the coffee too. My job is not as cool as yours but I'm in school now for mechanical engineering.

I am not an engineer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Seriously, I am not an engineer, but I do work for an IT Company (Intel). I am in Finance with one of their subsidiaries.

I have an Engineering mindset. Computer Programmer (it's called Software Engineer) by trade. Have a bunch of business degrees.

Astrophysicist, employed to build radio-telescopes and superconducting receivers. No engineering qualifications except one course in fluid mechanics, but most of what I do is engineering, although with very unusual specifications.

I have this feeling that a large percentage of homebrewers are engineers. I was just wondering how large.

'92 BSME from Mich Tech U.

If you look through the posts, there are a many which are technical though not engineers per se. I think a poll including technical (any field) would show a large majority in the combined engineer+technical categories.

wow alot more then i had thought....

I'm a Electrical Engineer.. graduated about 2 years ago...

Automation technologist - not a degreed engineer but 30 years in manufacturing and automation creating programs and work cells

Back