So I entered a contest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan, are you in one of the local clubs? I used to be in Dunedins Brewers Guild, but attended my first Pinellas Urban Brewers Guild group brew at Beer and Winemakers Pantry a few weekends ago, and I think I'm going to start hanging out with those guys, since they're closer to home.

I entered a Pumpkin Stout in the Best Beer competition as well. My first time entering a contest.

Did you realize that the food pairing thing is just one of the events, it's not the homebrew contest? The food pairing is completely voluntary, and is not the homebrew competition, which is a separate thing. The competition entries ended Feb. 8, and judging started on February 11.

Chris

Yes I am in PUB Guild. See you This Sunday?
And Yes I understand that this was a side event. Greg sent a request for pairing volunteers and I decided to enter. I did not have anything ready for the main competition. I may enter the Keggers Ball since they extended the deadline until 2-28

When and where is the PUB meeting Sunday? My work Internet blocks the PUB site because it was created on blogging software, and I keep forgetting to check at home...

Total Wine at 2PM We are creating a charter and selecting leadership I hope you can make it. BTW I have an extra ticket to the event tonight if you want it

Thanks for the offer for tonight, but I can't make it. Gotta put in some quality SWMBO time.

I'll be there Sunday, though.

Congrats!!

BTW, not going to make the meeting today after all. Going to brew instead....have family in town, brother wants to check out a brewday...have fun!

Just got my scoresheet back...came in a composite of 31 (31-31-31, actually). Not bad for a first entry!

One of my brew buddies who has been entering these contests for years got a 29, and he's pisssssssssssssssed that I eacked him out. Good times!

Nice!
PubGuild took 8 medals BTW

I have yet to enter anything to judging but plan on sending two entries to the nationals.

Latest posts

Back