time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope nope nope.

Speaking of Midnight wheat, i have a recipe that calls for a lb of white wheat. Can I sub a lb of Midnight wheat to add a lot of color to the beer but retain the attributes the white wheat provides? would any roastiness be added? How about any bitter harshness? Thanks!

nocaimian, Reno, and D Ranged have all danced around this one...

Classically, the brewers made this with whatever they had on hand.

I'll accept BJCP style, BA style, generic style, or specific style! :)

bottlebomber said:
Farmhouse Ale

Ding! Ding! Ding! That'll do! It's a pumpkin saison!

I wanted to give it to nocsimian, but there was no rye in this beer. I wanted to give it to Reno, but there was no Midnight Wheat in it. I almost gave it to D Ranged, but the tiny amount of pale chocolate imparted no chocolate flavors at all. Anyone interested in the grist bill?

For a 6 gallon batch:

OG: 1.060
FG: 1.004

4# 2-row
4# Continental pilsner
1# Munich
1# pale wheat
1# Golden Naked oats
0.5# pale chocolate
0.5# beet sugar
58 oz double-baked Libby's Pure Pumpkin
1# rice hulls

Bittered with Hersbrucker Hallertau, flavored with Tettnang.

Fermented with 75% Wyeast 3724, 25% US-05.

This was one of the most complex beers I've tasted. It was realllllly good, but there was so much going on, it was hard to describe any of it! Bringing a couple bottles to the AHA Rally this Sunday, so maybe someone can help identify it for me. As time progressed, I got a big vanilla flavor that worked perfectly with everything else.

Do you see why I wanted to give it to nocsimian? I had almost every type of grain EXCEPT rye in here!

Reno_eNVy said:
Aw balls, that's what I get for being too specific :D

You can take it if you post before I do... Go ahead actually I don't think I'm gonna drink tonight. Farmhouse ale is just a little better than guessing "lager". There are American farmhouse ales as well as French and Belgian

I agree and wanted to give it to one of the saison guessers, but like I said earlier, they all specified things that were clearly not in the beer. :mug:

Nothing? Ok I did end up having a beer tonight. I want both the style and the country of origin for the win.

image-2893189581.jpg

Back