• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Not Mine - 250 Gallon Liquid Containers with Valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rocket City Rednecks tv show made (term used liberally) a submarine out of one of these. They said they're originally used to store fertilizer... Not sure if fertilizer makes good beer.

these are normally used to store many things from chemicals, motor oils, pesticides, cooking oils, etc, all liquids, i have never seen one holding any type of liquid fertilizer, i didnt think there was any type of liquid fertilizer. I would imagine that these are not food grade and have been used for harmful chemicals, most bulk food items come in drums. I have seen these used for molasses though.

They're called IBC's or intermediate bulk container's. There's many different shapes and sizes, but this is the most standard as its pallet size. They are often food grade WHEN NEW, but since they are plastic, you can't trust them if not new. Personally, I'd stay away from it for fermenting.

We are planning on using them in our cold room (walk in fridge) to store water in for the plate chiller. For this use, you could get used ones.

I have used them on environmental sites to store contaminated groundwater. I would never, ever, ever, ever think of using a used one of those for fermenting. You would have to be insane.

Back