Project Monsterator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're gonna have to keep a log of what's gettin low, man it'll be like your own little pub. Come in every morning take inventory. You sir are crazy "I honestly don't drink THAT much", sure I believe you!

I average about 1-2 beers at most monday-thursday(total, not each night), and depending on the weekend i may drink nothing at all.

I like variety :)

More Pictures!

For people (like myself) who don't know exactly how things go together, here's a bit of help. This is attaching the tailpiece to the shank.

Here are all of the pieces
Picture082.jpg

Here is the nut with the tailpiece inside of it
Picture083.jpg

After the tailpiece is inside, put the rubber washer on top. This is where the seal for your line comes from.
Picture084.jpg

All 3 together:
Picture085.jpg

The final product:
Picture087.jpg

...What is that on the end of the collar??
Picture088.jpg

It was a gift from my girlfriend's parents. I think it's the perfect spot for it.
Picture090.jpg

I have also updated page 1 with an index, in case people are looking for specific information to help them along with their build.

It's collar mounting time. Yes, we were in the creepy basement. Thankfully it's a dry spot and a level spot for mounting the collar.
DSCF1838.jpg

DSCF1841.jpg

Here is GF being a goof, and for some odd reason giving me the finger. The pile of boxes are completely empty. We plan to move next year and decided to keep boxes for the move. The basement is a mess, so there is no reason not to keep all of them down there :)
DSCF1844.jpg

To ensure the collar staying attached to the lid, we put clams on the ends, and 45lb plates that were in the garage. Who knows why they are there, but they work!
DSCF1843.jpg

After the plates and the grips were on, we looked for any significant gaps in the seal.
DSCF1845.jpg

While difficult to see, there was a small gap in the seal between the wood on the lid and the collar. We filled it in with some extra seal:
DSCF1846.jpg

If you look closely in the above picture (between the two empty shank holes) you can see where we filled extra. Once the first seal is hardened, we are going to caulk both the inside and the outside. This will be over the course of the next 2-3 days to make sure that we have an air tight seal.

Wow, I dont know what to say, other than , I am very jeolous of all your stuff:( and I do mean all of your belongings;)

Wow, I dont know what to say, other than , I am very jeolous of all your stuff:( and I do mean all of your belongings;)
Thanks, I definitely like all of them a lot. Some more than others, like the Perlicks :cross: (Don't tell her that!)
can you show us again how your swmbo articulates with her hands.
LOL, she reads the thread, so I'll make sure to tell her read that.

Nice Staples football sweatshirt on SWMBO. Now I know why you complain so much about CT but don't seem to go anywhere. :p

Oh, and I hate you. ;)
(that is until if/when you move you drop that contraption off in Watertown)

Nice Staples football sweatshirt on SWMBO. Now I know why you complain so much about CT but don't seem to go anywhere. :p

Oh, and I hate you. ;)
(that is until if/when you move you drop that contraption off in Watertown)

Haha. Yeah, she's an Athletic Trainer at Staples. Talk about a different experience from what I was used to in high school. I graduated with 164 people, Staples has 5 times that.

You're going to have to come this way to see the contraption, and take a few kegs while you're at it! I still have more then i'll ever need.

Haha. Yeah, she's an Athletic Trainer at Staples. Talk about a different experience from what I was used to in high school. I graduated with 164 people, Staples has 5 times that.

You're going to have to come this way to see the contraption, and take a few kegs while you're at it! I still have more then i'll ever need.
Yeah, and folks whose kids go to Staples have five times more money than I'll see in my lifetime. :)

I'm on vacation week after next. A road trip is planned for kegs.

Yeah, and folks whose kids go to Staples have five times more money than I'll see in my lifetime. :)

I'm on vacation week after next. A road trip is planned for kegs.

No ****. there is a house being built that is roughly 50,000sq feet down the road from staples. 2 pools (one being an indoor/outdoor), 20+bathrooms, 5,000sq ft for each kid (5 kids). Just madness.

Blue painters tape will be around the collar. We wanted to make sure that everything lines up rather than attempt to paint it off of the freezer.

Hey Joe, can't wait to take this thing for a test run once your done :tank: but got a question for you. Are you going to paing the plaid design on it or use like a vinyl wrap?

Soon. I may go to home depot right now to pick up the first coat of paint.

Onto other news though:

I started prepping the "VIP lounge" today. Here's a picture of the room:
Picture091.jpg

Picture096.jpg

Picture092.jpg

The floor is wet in certain spots because I just finished washing it. The far wall (with the heater) is where the freezer will be going. It will be too wide by about 1" so instead of being flat against the wall it will be pulled out just in front of the radiator. The dartboard will be on the right wall (same wall as the closet), and the high bar will be in front of the left window.

Here's a picture of the closet:
Picture100.jpg

As you can see I also purchased a cooler which will be turned into a MLT soon (hooray for going AG!). This closet can hold a total of 9 buckets/carboys on the floor. Once the freezer is up and running the beer (pictured on the floor) will be in the freezer, along with the perlicks that are taking up room in there. It's a great size space.

You can also see the Red Sox mirror that will be going up in the room. This room will have a Red Sox mirror, a Red Sox Dartboard, and a big green tarp that says "Believe in Boston" on the back wall (not pictured). Slowly but surely I am still making progress.

a nice strong shelf in there would double your storage/fermenting room. i had a spot in my basement that i keep my fermenters in there was room for 3. i found a cart that has 2 levels, and its he exact size of the spot. now i need to get some more buckets because i have room to ferment 6 batches at a time. top shelf for primary and bottom shelf for secondary and long fermenting things like apfelwein and such.

I've been thinking about doing that, and I'll probably do that sometime this summer when I'm bored.

More pictures!

Today I purchased the paint for the base coat, as well as the weather stripping to seal up the lid. Here is the type of weather stripping that I used:
Picture101.jpg

This came in a package as "17 feet". I decided that only a single strand was not enough, so I kept the two strands together to make it seal better.
Picture104.jpg

This stuff is really simple. It has adhesive on the back and all you need to do is remove the wax strip and install. I do have my concerns that it won't tack well enough, so if need be I have a staple gun and will put it in the middle of the strips.
Picture107.jpg

Here's a picture of the corner. I know it's not lined up perfectly in the picture. I lined it up afterwards, I just wanted to get the picture before I fixed it.
Picture108.jpg

And here's the final product:
Picture110.jpg

It took me about 10 minutes to get it situated properly.

No kidding... I'll have to see if mine has that stuff. Looks a lot better than the flat foam rectangular-cross-section stuff.

I had to stop reading this thread because of all the red sox gear..... Great work on the kegerator though, its nuts.

Nice Dart Board. Nice on the primer. Plan to paint the first layer of plaid this weekend? How do you plan on doingnthe plaid? Stenciled layers or free hand?

Yeah, but that's where his swmbo comes in teases us back in. I love a woman that sniffs paint...

I had to stop reading this thread because of all the red sox gear..... Great work on the kegerator though, its nuts.
:rockin:

You had such a promising build going on until that Boston decor entered :cross:

Go Yankees

Yes I know you are owning us this year so far :mad:

:fro: Gotta show some team spirit! GO SOX!!

Nice Dart Board. Nice on the primer. Plan to paint the first layer of plaid this weekend? How do you plan on doingnthe plaid? Stenciled layers or free hand?
I need to get my girlfriend to start sanding down the primer to an even coat... she's better at the fit and finish work. If she gets that done tonight I will try and get started on painting Saturday.

I would also like to get the lid attached to the base as soon as possible. If the lid is attached to the base I will be able to run all of the fun stuff inside.

Yeah, but that's where his swmbo comes in teases us back in. I love a woman that sniffs paint...
:)

She enjoys sneaking into pictures. She was over folding laundry and when she realized I was taking a picture she snuck over.

A little preview....

Picture116.jpg

Picture117.jpg

Let me tell you, lugging this bastard out of the basement was NOT fun. Wherever this goes next, it will be the least amount of stairs possible.

More to come in a bit... just taking a break to let some primer dry.

Well, I primed the hinges, as well as wired the Johnson A419. Here's a pic as I was testing to make sure that I had the proper temp settings.
Picture118.jpg

Here's how to wire this bad boy up (Stole this from someone else, but it works great!):
a419_dwg.jpg

Simply put

Temp probe
-I'm not sure if it makes a difference which one it plugs into, but I plugged one into the lowest term, and the other into the middle, just like the diagram. Either way it worked perfectly! You may have to switch if it doesn't read it.

Wire going to the wall:
-Black to 120
-White to AC COM
-Green Connected to the other wire's green

Wire going into the unit:
-Black to NO
-White to AC COM
-Green Connected to the other wire's green

Separate Wire going from 120 to C

Jumper Settings: (X= jumper on top, #= no jumper on top)

Touchpad Unlocked (XX)
Cooling Mode (Standard) (X #)
Cut-Out at Setpoint (X X)

Control Settings:
SP (Set Point): 50
dIF(Differential): 5
ASd (Anti-Short Cycle Delay): 5

I tested out my wiring by breathing on the unit to bring the probe out of temperature range. To check and make sure it would shut off, I put the probe in ice water. It immediately shut off! I was very happy about this as I've been dreading wiring it for a while.

Latest posts

Back