Gettin' hitched Saturday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buford

Reaction score
It's been a long time coming (6 years) but it's finally happening. I haven't been on much recently due to last-minute planning BS. But screw that crap - let's discuss how I'm serving beer at the reception :D

I didn't go all-out with a jockey box because this is more of a one-time thing. The lines will warm up, but it's not that huge of a deal. I also, on the other hand, didn't want to be totally ghetto with plain old pigtails on kegs, so I settled on a happy medium: a facade that evokes an Irish coffin box but without the complication or expense of actually making one. It uses plain picnic taps and has no sides or back, but it doesn't have the look of a college kegger.

The front:
100_0878.JPG

The sides and back, showing that it has neither, but it's a good place to keep the tools and whatnot I'll need on-site.
100_0877.JPG

100_0876.JPG

A better view of the labels is in this thread:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?p=643874

Looks good to me. I think we could use something like that at NHC Club night! Thanks for the idea and congrats!

Oh, hey! That looks nice!

And happy wedding and all that crap...

More importantly, what beer will you be serving? (God, folks, let's remember our priorities here. Goodness sakes!)

It's come and gone, and the beer was a hit. The wooden thingamabob didn't survive past cleanup; I didn't expect it to, really, as it was made out of cheap plywood, and it is going to be scrapped. It did serve its purpose though. It might have survived, if the one handling the cleanup wasn't a thoroughly s#!tfaced groomsman, but at least I got all of the serving parts off it intact.

The beer served was a very pale ESB (too pale for style) and an American amber.

I figured everyone knew how to use a party tap, but apparently I was wrong. Most folks ended up with glasses of foam before I told them what was wrong since they throttled the tap instead of opening it all the way. Note to self - post instructions on usage when dealing with non-beer folks!

Gettin' hitched eh?

Boy, that must be some trailer if your having a reception. Watcha' haulin'? Horses, Cattle, Nascar? :cross:

First beers of the day - me with my own, and her with a chalice of Chimay Grande Reserve:

beer5.jpg
beer21.jpg

Oh, and sorry Evan!, it was a very small ceremony, with only immediate family and close friends (ones I see on a weekly basis and a couple old ones from college) in attendance. There were around 35-40 people there, and even that thinned out to just a few left as the day went on.

Congrats! You've been hitched for 2 days now and you find the time to post pics in HBT? Uh, shouldn't you be busy "Downloading" instead up uploading pics?????? :D

EdWort said:
Congrats! You've been hitched for 2 days now and you find the time to post pics in HBT? Uh, shouldn't you be busy "Downloading" instead up uploading pics?????? :D

I thought it was "uploading" :D

oh, and she looks beautiful. Wife not bad either!

Congratulations!
Tip: Go the extra expense and have the Ball-n-Chain custom fitted. If it’s loose, it’ll chafe. :D

Back