Is this Keg System Everything I Need

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goudaphunk

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking into buying a kegging system and saw one on Midwest Supplies. I have attached the link below.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/cornelius-keg-system-with-5-lb-co2-tank-comes-empty.html

Is this everything I would need to start kegging? This will be my first attempt at kegging and looking forward to it. Please let me know if I need anything in addition to this "kit." Does any recommend a website to buy it? I have been checking Craigslist with no such luck, so I'm ready to drop a little money. Thanks and advance.

Cheers,
Jimmy

that will work,

but eventually you will have freezers, manifolds, multiple regulators, SS faucets, glycol boxes made from torn apart window air conditioners, towers, portable paintball systems, jockey boxes made out of coolers, a beer engine. Basically more gear than an average tavern.

call some local welding gas suppliers before buying a kit with a tank. i just picked up a spare 15lb tank full for $80 and account refills (actually swaps)are $15

kegconnection.com has some good deals on kits

Determine if you have a convenient source to fill that co2 bottle. Contrary to Midwest's statement, welding shops don't generally supply gas but welding supply shops do. Many gas suppliers only stock larger bottles and only swap them out. You can save $50 on your order by getting your bottle locally.

Purchase at least 10' of 3/16" beer line or you will be disappointed in your pours.

that will work. you will likely buy a few more set ups and a tons of kegs. it's expensive to keg but in the long run well worth the efforts!!

Back