Cow Magnets -- Who Knew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad

Reaction score
In the "Life is Stranger than Fiction" department . . .

Cow Magnets

I especially love the "Educational Moo Magnet Kit." I may have to buy a bunch of those for stocking stuffers. That's just cool.

Chad

Originally posted by Scimmia
I'm guessing you didn't grow up around farming.

I was going to say the same thing. I grew up in an area where there were quite a few dairy farms. I had a bunch of these that I used to play with as a kid.

You city folks should see for yourselves what kind of metal stuff these can take out of a cow.
I have even seen barbed wire - im glad i didnt have to pass that through the brown eye :eek:

Cheers
Jakob

Brewtopia said:
I was going to say the same thing. I grew up in an area where there were quite a few dairy farms. I had a bunch of these that I used to play with as a kid.

<< picturing 'topia sticking things to the side of the cow that the magnets are in...

my grandfather was a dairy farmer and growing up we had a local college that used to rent space off of us with 3 cows that had "windows" into their stomaches... you could open the hatch, reach in and grab stuff :barf:

anyway, they used it to study the cow's digestive system and it's 4 stomaches.

Vels said:
You city folks should see for yourselves what kind of metal stuff these can take out of a cow.
I have even seen barbed wire - im glad i didnt have to pass that through the brown eye :eek:

Cheers
Jakob

And some of the stuff that it can't. When I was a meatcutter we used to find all kinds of stuff in the animals' flesh-mostly buckshot. People would get drunk and try to take down an animal with a load of buckshot, and of course the cow wouldn't die, and the wound would heal over. And then once the animal was slaughtered it would go to processing with the buckshot still in it. Usually the metal detectors would catch it, but not always.....

Back