2013 Nugget Nectar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hogwash

Reaction score
Anyone else think it's not as good as it has been in past years? Seems really sweet to me and not hoppy enough to balance it out. My wife loves it, which surprises me bc she usually goes for the dry, hoppy IPAs. Thoughts?

Taste fine to me. Course, I always drink this brew out of a tulip glass. Out of a pint glass.....it tastes like you describe.

Taste fine to me. Course, I always drink this brew out of a tulip glass. Out of a pint glass.....it tastes like you describe.

So you're saying I shouldn't have strained it through a dirty dish rag into a rusty mason jar?

:ban:

:mug: Nah, I only do that with BMC LOL. Seriously though, it always amazes me when the type of glass thing works. I hope I didn't come off snobbish or something.

heheh, no worries. I've had it out of a tulip glass, out of a shaker pint, even out of the bottle (which I rarely do) and it's just not doing it for me this year. Oh well. Like I said, the wife is enjoying them. I'm loving their Perpetual IPA, though.

Every year I go back and forth between Nugget Nectar and Sucks, and this year I definitely prefer Sucks.

This is sadly my first year having it, so I have no benchmark for previous years(first year back east in a while) but I cant get enough of it.

I think the balance is spot on, and its best attribute. More often than not I am drinking over the top hop bombs and love them. NN just has such an interesting flavor, both on the hop side and malt, and the balance lets you taste it all.

i've only had it last year and this year, and both batches i was really disappointed with. With all the hype, it wasnt even a great beer, it was just average to me.

From what i've read on the forums, the different batchs have no consistency, they are all very different (i dont mean between years, i mean each bottled on date is different)

Back