Freezer Keezer Selection Time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jawilson20

Reaction score
I am ready to move up from my 3 tap haier kegerator to a full on keezer. I have decided that 5 taps is the sweet spot I am looking to serve. I plan to do 5 full size ball locks on the floor of the keezer and put the Co2 on the hump.

Is there a go to freezer model to suit my needs? I see a lot of 7 cu and 14 cu for sale, but limited sizes in between. What is the in between size/model that I would need?

I am ready to move up from my 3 tap haier kegerator to a full on keezer. I have decided that 5 taps is the sweet spot I am looking to serve. I plan to do 5 full size ball locks on the floor of the keezer and put the Co2 on the hump.

Is there a go to freezer model to suit my needs? I see a lot of 7 cu and 14 cu for sale, but limited sizes in between. What is the in between size/model that I would need?

8.8CF is what ya need to accommidate your needs.

Kenmore makes a nice black 8.8cf Freezer, check out sears.com

It may even be on sale, I picked up there 7.2 for a ferm freezer a few weeks back for 170 new..

8.8CF is what ya need to accommidate your needs.

Kenmore makes a nice black 8.8cf Freezer, check out sears.com

It may even be on sale, I picked up there 7.2 for a ferm freezer a few weeks back for 170 new..

I looked at this one as well, but I think (at least with my measurements) you can only get 4 kegs down below the hump. Thats a pretty tight squeeze too.

I opted for the 13cf Kenmore at Sears. It has plently of room. I think it was only like $100 bucks more as well. Only downfall is they only make it in white.

I can only put 4 cornies on the floor of my Kenmore (Frigidaire) 8.8cf freezer. With a collar on it I could get a 5th and the CO2 on the hump or put the CO2 external and get the 5th and 6th cornies on the hump. Five definitely do NOT fit on the floor.

The nice thing about getting a larger chest freezer than you currently need it is it gives room to expand in the future while having a minimal impact on energy use now. I don't think a 7cuft would fit all that.

I can only put 4 cornies on the floor of my Kenmore (Frigidaire) 8.8cf freezer. With a collar on it I could get a 5th and the CO2 on the hump or put the CO2 external and get the 5th and 6th cornies on the hump. Five definitely do NOT fit on the floor.

What size collar would be need to accommodate the kegs on the hump?

What size collar would be need to accommodate the kegs on the hump?

It's a tight fit with my 6 1/2" collar, so I would recommend 7" to 8" as an easier fit. I keep the CO2 external and at present only have 4 cornies in the freezer. The space on the hump is used for bottles.

Back