Favorite line from a TV show

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cromwell

Reaction score
What's a favorite line? Mine all tend towards comedy, but whatever you like.
Doesn't have to be the best line of all time, just one that you thought was great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too many to quote, but here's a beer-related one from Cheers:

Norm: "Women...you can't live with 'em...pass the beer nuts"

Tobias Funke in arrested development:

I shot my wad a bit prematurely on what was supposed to be a dry run, if you will. Now I'm left with a bit of a sticky mess on my hands.

Peter Griffin in very drunken voice while naked: Lois! Every time we go to a hotel you hide the mini bar key from me. But I found it! (Whispering) I found it!

Bender, on being invited to a poker night: "Nah, I only play cards with chumps."
Fry: "I'll play."
Bender: "I'M IN!!!!"

Or ...
Zoidberg on seeing that Bender has stolen "The Last Supper" painting:

"Jesus Christ! ... And his twelve apostles!"

It's not a "line" so much, but one of the great moments for me in Futurama was this one.

I've seen a few from Futurama, so here's my favorite:

While at the dog (horse?) track:

Announcer: And it's a dead heat! They're checking the electron microscope. The winner is... number 3 in a quantum finish!"
Professor Farnsworth: No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it.

A bureaucrat opens Bender's locker. It's empty except for a single hex nut. She picks it up and glares at Bender. He looks at the floor and says "... Sometimes a guy gets lonely."

Simpsons.
Marge goes into the attic to see patty and selma in a pentagram on the floor.
she asks " Why are you worshipping the devil?"
They reply." There is nothing good on Television."

Here's to feelin' good all the time...

"Wait!..what?" Mark Lily's clone is taught 2 words that come out perfectly as Twain (see avatar) doublecrosses him and beheads him.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVcf2NGs8vw[/ame]

hamiltont said:
How Sweeeet it is! You ol' farts will know who it is... ;)

Reminds me of a joke in the Onion about what things would be part of a moon base. One was the Alice Kramden Memorial Domestic Abuse Shelter.

Archie Bunker talking about female Soviet olympic athletes - "I think some of them have more hismones than hormones."

So many on the Simpsons, but here's one of my favorites:

Marge : All right, all right, now, you're over stimulated. Let's get some beer in you and then it's right to bed.
Homer : Woo hoo! Beer, beer, beer, bed, bed, bed!

Marge: "Homer, would you rather have beer or eternal contentment?"
Homer: "Uhhhh, what kind of beer?"

Cheers bar: "Norm!"

Woody: "Hey Mr. Peterson. There's a cold one waitin' for ya."

Norm: "I know. And when she calls tell her I'm not here."

Duncan: "I am Duncan MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod"
Darius: "I'm Darius, and you won't be needing that *points with his eyes to Duncan's drawn sword*"

again from cheers - although Futurama has a lot of good ones, still on a home brew forum...

Norm:"You don't leave the one you love, you know what I love Sammy?"
Sam:"Beer? Norm"
Norm checks his watch "Sure, I got time." has some beer "I love that bar stool."

Cheers!

Tony Hancock in "The Blood Donor"

Hancock: How much do you want then?

Doctor: Well, a pint, of course?

Hancock: A pint? Have you gone raving mad? [...] I mean, I came here in all good faith, to help my country. I don't mind giving a reasonable amount, but a pint? Why, that's very nearly an armful!

Drama- The Wire, Frank Sobotka: "You know what the trouble is, Brucey? We used to make **** in this country, build ****. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pocket. "

Comedy, gonna have to think, so many.

Nope, got it.

Family Guy, two dike lesbians walk into the local sperm bank and up to the information desk.

Attendant: "May I help you?"

Diesel Bull: "yeah, we'd like an applicator that looks like Jodie Foster's fist."

"I'm cool dad. Thats my thang. I'm hip. I surf the web. I text. LOL: laugh out loud. OMG: oh my god, WTF: why the face." - Phil Dunfy, Modern Family.

Back