Dry hop bag stuck in keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmd1971

Reaction score
I just went to remove my 1st charge of dry hops from a keg & lo & behold, they are not floating on top like they usually are. I just put the whole hops in a bag before racking & seal up the keg. I am presuming that the cord or bag is somehow caught on the dip tube, but not really sure how to proceed. I don;t want to leave the hops in there for the next month or so until it is consumed.

Ideas?

Hops will sometime sink. You could depressurize and try to fish the sucker out, but I'd probably just leave it in there if I were in your shoes.

I dryhop in the keg all the time, but I don't fish them out. I just leave the bag (or the "teaball" type of container) in there until the keg is done. I do this at fridge temps, and not room temperature. I usually finish a keg in 3 weeks, and I have had great results with doing that. Just something to consider!

Back