What to add to fermenting applewine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

add to apple wine?

• 1 gallon cranberry

• 1 gallon grape

• 1 gallon apple

• leave it alone!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ninety3oc

Reaction score
My batch of ed worts apple wine is just about done fermenting (3 weeks in primary). i only used 4 gallons in a 5 gal better bottle. I want to add another gallon of juice to it. I was thinking maybe cranberry,grape,blueberry or just to top it off with more apple juice? anyone have experience or suggestions?

What was your recipe? Have you done apfelwein before? If you haven't, and you have added 2lbs to 4 gallons, then add 1 gallon of apple juice so you end up with the original recipe.

ed worts recipe i cut the sugar down to the right amount for 4 gal. just maybe looking to try something different..

You can easily add any of those flavors (or all for that matter) by simply putting a splash or small quantity of the juice in your glass of naked apfelwein or use flavored sodas for a fizzy mix.

My wife made "sangria" with it – said she wanted to try something… she used strawberries, watermelon, blueberries.... I was highly skeptical; then I was incredibly inebriated.

After fermintation is complete, use something to completely kill the yeast. Then add one part white grape juice to two parts wine. What I don't drink, my wife's family pounds down. Bottle and enjoy. Also I either completely degas the wine or force carbonate in a fat pig. Both are pretty good but with differant tastes due tho the co2.

P.S. I just did a small batch adding apple juice and it was kinda weird. it was like taking a bite from 2 apples at once. It sounds interesting but i think a contrasting flavor is more suitable.

Back