Iron Dragon Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ego Archive

Reaction score
So I went back and forth for a bit on the name, and styles, for the label(s) that I'm looking to adorn my brews with. At this point I think I will go with something that is pretty simple to replicate out, B/W, with a template structure. So I've mocked up a few different things, and I wanted to get some impressions, before I go farther into the design layout phase. What elements do you like, what elements don't you like, what elements could you see tweaked?

Of course if you think there are elements on one layout, that would look good on a different layout, let me know. I had two more mock ups, but in my rush to get out of work, I didn't get those transferred, so I may add those on Monday.

IDLogo-SuiCider.jpg

IDLogo-SuiCider2.jpg

IDLogo-SuiCider3.jpg

I'm intending on doing this as a dual label setup, the front label will be pretty similar (with the name changed, and possible color variations), and a back panel that is informational text in a black on white / white on black layout.

I like the text on the last one; I expected to see a iron dragon wrapped around a beer bottle though :)

I really prefer the second one.

Please tell me that's just a mockup and you're paying for the images though! The watermark is a bit lame.

I really prefer the second one.

Please tell me that's just a mockup and you're paying for the images though! The watermark is a bit lame.

Yes, but at $10+ an image, I really want it dialed in before I go buying art. The cross is a piece,the grunge banner is an piece, each dragon variation is a piece, so while I might pick up 2 different dragon variations, I probably wont do much more than that. That said iStockphoto, is where I'm getting much (the first dragon is actually a flash tattoo harvested from Google) of the elements.

I'll probably make the cross myself, as it's pretty easy, and allows me to add a couple flairs I'd like to see, same with if I use a "paint brush" banner like the one in the last label. However the second dragon, and third dragon are well outside my skill set for art.

If I go with the second dragon element I'll probably use the image below for the black cross variant.

istockphoto_4470778-dragon-

I used the third dragon in the original post, for variation sake, but I'm not really feeling shiny about it.

What do people prefer, the crossed R's or the crashing N's in the name?

Just because I'm messing around and having some fun with it:

IDLogo-MCS-BonWvariant.jpg

another variant.

That is my favorite one yet. There is good color contrast so you can really see the features of the dragon. I would keep the text inside the cross more consistent though, and maybe try to get "Iron Dragon" inside, it looks kind of like an after thought right now

That is my favorite one yet. There is good color contrast so you can really see the features of the dragon. I would keep the text inside the cross more consistent though, and maybe try to get "Iron Dragon" inside, it looks kind of like an after thought right now

Like this?
IDLogo-MCSWonBVariant.jpg
[/IMG]

IDLogo-MCSBonWVariant.jpg
[/IMG]

Or with all of the text similar?

The wife has spoken, and apparently she prefers the "crossed" Iron Dragon, in any of it's configurations (crossed R's, O's, N's). I like the Tribal Dragon, for now, but I need to figure out what to do to differentiate (beyond font selection in the name) brews.

I could use different banners across the top, on each brew, but I'm not sure if that looks too messy.

Back