Final Gravity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirage

Reaction score
So it has been almost a week since I put my first beer, an English Brown Ale, in the fermenter, and tonight, I opened the top and took a gravity reading. It has hit its final gravity (and tastes like flat beer). I am trying to decide whether to muster up some patience and let it sit in the fermenter some more, or if I should bottle. Just wondering what you guys thought. Thanks!

Time does a beer good. Let it sit another week. The yeast, once its done fermenting the sugar, needs to clean up. Your beer will thank you. Just let it sit another week, then bottle it. Then wait 3 more weeks at least!!

+1 on the waiting. That being said, I did not do that with my first beer. Patience is not that easy, but try, you'll get better beer.

Yeah, that is what I figured. LOL, I really want to bottle it and brew some more! Is there a good time to start the next batch? Maybe a week after bottling or so? Thanks for all the help here everyone!

When u first taste your homebrew you'll drink it really fast and be mad you didnt have another batch fermenting. Dont tease yourself, get another bucket and brew asap, you'll thank me later

Yeah, that is what I figured. LOL, I really want to bottle it and brew some more! Is there a good time to start the next batch? Maybe a week after bottling or so? Thanks for all the help here everyone!

Yep, only one solution for this dilemma. Buy (many) more fermenters and secondaries. :)

When I started I had just one bucket. Now not even a year later I have 6 carboys and 3 buckets. And I have ran out of space once. You can never have too many carboys.

Back