BJCP Entry form help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crock_it_out

Reaction score
I'm trying to fill out this entry form and its my first time ever doing this. I don't know where to write down some items:

1. I added a 1.5L of cold steep coffee to my porter but where do I put this on the form

2. As for fermentable I did an extract brew so I steeped some grains rather than mashing them...where do I put this list of grains and how long I steeped them and at what temp. I really appreciate any input.

If I remember correctly, the coffee item goes under the brewer's notes section at the bottom. When you enter the grains there should be a drop box allowing you to select steep or mash. The Details of the steep or mash temp are not necessary

I don't have an entry form handy so I am going from memory...........this does fail me some times though;)

duboman said:
If I remember correctly, the coffee item goes under the brewer's notes section at the bottom. When you enter the grains there should be a drop box allowing you to select steep or mash. The Details of the steep or mash temp are not necessary

I don't have an entry form handy so I am going from memory...........this does fail me some times though;)

Thanks so much I really appreciate it

Other than entering a beer in the specialty beer category I don't usually even fill them out. I don't why we need to since no one looks at them (judges).

yeah..... as mentioned by phunhog..... I have filled out recipe's for 1 competition (out of 30ish) where it was actually required. 9 times out of 10, other than some details if you enter a specialty beer, you do not need to actually enter anything in regard to recipe - judges never see it, never look at it. Check for sure, in regard to the competition you are entering. But, you almost never need to enter that except for specialty aspect of certain beers.

Back