Home Depot 10 Gallon Cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Battles4Seattle

Reaction score
I brewed my first batch in my new 10 gallon mash tun on Sunday. I left some spent grains inside the cooler and didn't get around to cleaning it till yesterday evening.

While cleaning the inside of the cooler I noticed a huge bubble in the interior wall of the cooler. Nothing has cracked but it's about 5 inches vertical and 2 inches wide.

Should I be worried this bubble will effect mashing in any way? I use a stainless braid so I don't have to worry about it having issues inserting a false bottom.

Rather annoyed this happened after one use.

Keep an eye on it if it cracks your screwed. I have put boiling water in mine (before adding grain) and not had any issues. If you got it at home depot maybe they will take it back, you would just have to reassemble everything.

It will most likely be fine. I have the same cooler and it developed a bubble that runs vertically nearly the entire length on the inside and is raised about 1/2-3/4". I've brewed probably 60+ batches with it like that and it hasn't cracked or gotten worse.

Back