Stalled Imperial Stout Fermentation (Advice?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyPX120

Reaction score
So here it goes, I'm sitting on a Russian Imperial Stout that quit fermenting at about 8%, the target grav was 12%, It was my own mistake as i overshot my mark and the yeast I chose could not handle the task... so this is my plan of action but any help or advice would be awesome.

--- I'm going with a super high grav yeast which i'm going to make a big starter with (3 days plus yeast nutrient)... im gona get some oxygen going in the stout, pitch the new starter and hope for the best.

I would leave the oxygen out of the beer- but it will help to oxygenate the starter well. Make sure you pitch the WLP099 at high krausen rather than letting it ferment completely out.

I would leave the oxygen out of the beer- but it will help to oxygenate the starter well. Make sure you pitch the WLP099 at high krausen rather than letting it ferment completely out.

Yep, all of this. Stir-plate would be best and pitch at high krausen. What temp is the stout at currently?

Back