Mosti Mondiale Vinifera Noble Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moconno1

Reaction score
I've decided to take a break from brewing beer (due to issues with my water source) and have decided to try my hand at wine-making. I'm thinking of using one of the "Mosti Mondiale Vinifera Noble" kits, as they're (quite frankly) relatively inexpensive.

Has anyone on here used one of the "Mosti Mondiale Vinifera Noble" kits before? The owner of my local homebrew shop highly recommended the Chianti and Sangiovase. Though I like both these wine varieties, I'm more familiar with Pinot Noir's, Zinfandel's, and Cabs, and was thinking of trying my hand at one of these, as I'm thinking it would be easier to realistically critique myself.

Does anyone have tips for which red wine varieties from Mosti Mondiale yield the best results? Anything I should be aware of before diving in?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

-Mike

Those kits are the bottom-dollar kits for that manufacturer. Good for starting out, but most low-end kits end up a bit thin due to the low solids in their juice (thats how they keep it cheap). Not that they will be bad, just thin (and DON'T be tempted to "use less water", kits are made correctly the way they are).

A good starter wine to get you used to the steps, but you will want to step up to a higher-end kit soon. Do a few and you will get a pretty good feel for what the final product should be like before spending the big bucks.

Great advice, Doctor CAD... with that being said, in your opinion would it be worth spending the extra $30-$40 to make a better, "fuller" wine using a better kit?

Not as a first attempt...what if you screw something up beyond repair? You'd be out a hundred bucks.

Now, if you are a well disciplined, don't like to "tinker", and have a hundred bucks to blow, go for it!

I would say, though, that if you're having water issues that you will want to buy RO water for the wine kit as they are mostly concentrate, and you will be adding lots of water to the wine kit!

I would say, though, that if you're having water issues that you will want to buy RO water for the wine kit as they are mostly concentrate, and you will be adding lots of water to the wine kit!

As long as you don't use distilled water...

Yes, definitely going to buy spring water. I'll take your advice and buy the cheap kit first, Doctor CAD. Appreciate the insight...

My first kit was a MM Cabernet Sauvignon. Turn out ok, a bit thin, good berry notes, but little to no tannins. I added some oak a la carte, which helped a little. Now it's used as a blending wine with a bunch of Blackberry that I made.
Switched to Winexpert high end kits, my wine now tastes as good or better then a lot of commercial products.

Back