Help me choose my first brew in over a year...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoaringBrewer

Reaction score
So, as I posted in the general chat section I just recently bought my first home. I had taken hiatus from brewing b/c I just didn't have space with my prior living arrangements. Now, I have tons of space to brew, store brew, and have get togethers to celebrate brew...

Once I get in the place in early October (9th if all goes well), I have some cleaning up to do, moving, and cosmetic projects to take care of the first month, but maybe early November want to have a housewarming party with a couple of my creations on tap.

I will have a keg of apfelwein (sparkling) that I brewed and have been mass conditioning since last September, but need an idea for a first brew to celebrate the occassion. It would need to be something I could brew in a couple weeks (booked the next couple weekends) and then would be ready to drink in about 1 month from brewing - so nothing requiring long conditioning. I won't be lagering until I get settled in the new place (got a lagering fridge as a bonus!), so no lagers.

Post up your suggestions (preferably in form of a link to a recipe on here), I will pick maybe my favorite 3 after a while, then create a poll... :)

Considering the season, and the celebratory nature of the brew, I recommend a Weizenbock. Then again, I'm just a sucker for Aventinus.

How about a big stout or porter to keep you warm on those winter nights?

Back