Best value for a wine corker?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big10Seaner

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a cheaper style wine corker, but I don't want something that's going to break on me the first time either. What are everyone's recommendations for a decent wine corker? I'm planning on bottling some apfelwein for Christmas to share with friends and family. I don't want to use 12 oz bottles either.

the biggest question is how much do you need to cork at once? i usually only do 1-3g batches and am happy using a gilda hand compression corker. if you are more likely to go with multiple batches of 5g then you might be better off buying a floor model.

I have this one and have corked as many as 90 bottles at one time. Not a big deal, easy to use!

Double Lever Corker - Adjustable - Beer-Wine.com

eqp2011_tn.jpg

I love my Port. floor corker. I bought it at my LHBS for $59, which isn't terribly more than that double-handled one, and it's so easy to use my 3 year old helps me cork with it. Some people have had issues with Nomacorks with the Portuguese model, and the bottle holder plate only come up high enough to do 750ml bottles or larger, but that is easily enough remedied with a couple blocks of wood. It's rock solid, and I haven't spilled or broke a bottle using it yet. It won't do Champagne corks though. You have to buy the expensive Italian corker for that.

If you find you aren't using it anymore I suspect you'd get a pretty large amount of your investment back selling it used as well.

i have had the dual handle corker and the floor corker i love my floor corker if it broke today id have a new one tommorow :mug: you wont be disapointed

I have four, yes four, corkers. The first one was an el cheapo "mallet insertion" that came with my first kit. Of course, it's useless. Then I bought a double lever corker, which is ok, but the corks don't want to seem to go all the way in (even with #8 corks). I then bought a Gilda corker- it looked good in theory but I'm not strong enough to squeeze it enough to compress the cork well enough. So, after spending about $65 on corkers, I went out and bought the Portuguese floor corker for $55. It's awesome. I can bottle one bottle or 75 with no effort. I wish I would have just bought that one to begin with.

Latest posts

Back