I'm very proud of myself!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
OK, it's been just over four months since my last cigarette. My cravings are virtually non-existant even when I'm at a bar with my chimneyesque friends. I've had a few cigars along the way, but no desire for a cigarette even after a stogie.

I think I'm cured!

SWEET! Must be nice to actually take a full breath now. Hopefully I will be able to say the same thing soon.

Baron von BeeGee said:
My wife just went on a trip...might be on a cigar a night pace for the next two weeks! I'll be seriously denting my hb coffers, as well.

By yourself? My wife leaves Sunday morning for six weeks...my homebrew stock will actually get replenished during this time, plenty of brewing planned! :p

Congrats! I quit smoking over 16 years ago on my first try.

I've read that you are physically addicted to nicotine for 5-7 days and psychologically addicted for 6 months to a year.

You've made it this far...keep going!:D

You should put the money you used for them in a jar..... its now homebrew money:ban: You'll be buying a brewsculpure any day now....

Cheesefood said:
OK, it's been just over four months since my last cigarette. My cravings are virtually non-existant even when I'm at a bar with my chimneyesque friends. I've had a few cigars along the way, but no desire for a cigarette even after a stogie.

I think I'm cured!

Congrats! I seem to be just opposite of most people. I can make it a couple weeks no sweat, then the misery begins. Seems like every day after that, I want one worse and worse.

Ahh well, I'll either break the code, or it'll kill me. :D

Congrats once again! :mug:

Congrats Cheese! :mug: Especially sticking to it after a couple of cigars!

SWMBO tells me she can only quit when I do. If that's the case, one of us is going to have to stay at her mother's house because with BOTH of us off nicotine? It could only be compared to Global Thermonuclear War... (there's your "Wargames" refence for the day) Needless to say we haven't gotten to it yet..... :eek:

Ize

Congrats on that...!!! Keep strong... its good that you can hang out with people that smoke and not get tempted to smoke... thats when its the hardest... good luck...!!!!

Jester

Well done! I quit smoking 2 years ago this coming Monday (22 May) - Although the 'physical' craving has long gone i still get the 'psychological' urge (as Bill said) occasionally even now - luckily it passes very quickly with the smell of stale second hand smoke on my work colleagues when they come back from smoke breaks!

Back