Built my own Son of Fermentation Cooler!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brockway

Reaction score
Summer has gotten ridiculous here. Actually started back in Spring though when I realized I wouldn't be able to make beer anymore since my A/C can't seem to get my apartment below 80F, let alone 68F.

Built it using these plans: 38DD Chiller and Original SoF Chiller

The 38DD plans I just used the instructions on how to get a digital thermostat to work. Mines a $20 Honeywell from Walmart, but it was the same as far as lengthening the leads to the thermistor goes. The SoF plans I used the dimensions, though I had to shuffle the pieces around around since my 9'x14' RMax insulation board was cut in half. Still worked out though since I had to mail the pieces to myself here in Sicily. RMax isn't what was called for, but it seems like it should work. R-5 is the about same R as the foamboard, but I'm only using 1" instead of 2. Probably means ice will only last 1/2 as long, but there was no way I'd fit 2" of the stuff in the mail. Got my Hawaiian punch bottle icing in the freezer for the test run tomorrow.

Back