Barley Crusher - Take the Money and Run

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richwerth

Reaction score
I ordered a barley crusher three weeks ago and have received no information from them. They have not sent shipping info. They have not returned my emails. I can not find a phone number for them. The who-is only returns a PO Box. They have not answered my paypal dispute.

BarleyCrusher.com said:
Please note: Due to a recent and unexpected influx of orders, all new orders may be delayed up to 2 weeks before shipment.

We realize this is an inconvenience, especially for new customers, but it is important to us that the Barley Crusher is a hand-made American product of quality craftsmanship. We will not take shortcuts.

Thank you for your patience, and continued support!

We accept Visa and Mastercard payments through PayPal.

Please allow 7 to 10 days for shipping.

Found this on the website

I wouldn't have done a paypal dispute. Their lack of communication is well-documented on this forum. Before ordering, you need to know what to expect from these guys even though I agree that the lack of communication is clearly not acceptable.

The same thing happened to me - no communication, no tracking, and then the thing just showed up a few weeks after ordering.

I wouldn't have done a paypal dispute. Their lack of communication is well-documented on this forum. Before ordering, you need to know what to expect from these guys even though I agree that the lack of communication is clearly not acceptable.

The same thing happened to me - no communication, no tracking, and then the thing just showed up a few weeks after ordering.

Ok Thanks...May be it will come....If it does I will for sure cancel the dispute and update this thread. i didn't see the lack of communication info on here. It just sounded like a decent grinder priced right so I thought I would try.

I'm sure it'll come. I think everyone has the same experience and it's pretty much why you see a lot of mills come out recently like the Cereal Killer, Rebel Mill, Gunnar, etc. Barley Crusher can't handle the volume and their communication is piss poor.

Another example of World Wide Web meets hand crafting artisan.

• Great product produced.
  • Great product introduced to the world via the web.
  • Word spreads about great product and orders surge via internet (especially at holidays).
  • Artisan is so busy in his workshop hammering out the product, no time to sit down to answer emails.
  • Customers assume the worse and begin to flame artisan in public.
  • Product is eventually delivered and customer is ecstatic.
  • Flaming remarks are recanted and all is well.
  • Group hug ensues.

It's the last step that makes me smile.

You'll get your barley mill.

I don't know man in this day and age get a smart phone and at least e-mail back a few words to reassure people.

Another example of World Wide Web meets hand crafting artisan.

• Great product produced.
  • Great product introduced to the world via the web.
  • Word spreads about great product and orders surge via internet (especially at holidays).
  • Artisan is so busy in his workshop hammering out the product, no time to sit down to answer emails.
  • Customers assume the worse and begin to flame artisan in public.
  • Product is eventually delivered and customer is ecstatic.
  • Flaming remarks are recanted and all is well.
  • Group hug ensues.

It's the last step that makes me smile.

You'll get your barley mill.

Indeed, But he should maybe just answer an email or two. We see one of these thread every couple of months.

The owner is a nice guy, just super busy. If he stops to answer every e-mail he would never get any done. I understand you wanting it right away, but that is not BC can do right now.

You'll get your mill and you'll love it. You'll feel bad about second guessing the situation. I agree though. He should answer emails - it's part of doing business.

Got the mill as all of you said I would. I live on a PC and sometimes I forget that not everyone does the same. Patience is something I was never good at

You'll get your mill and you'll love it. You'll feel bad about second guessing the situation. I agree though. He should answer emails - it's part of doing business.

Or, you know...hire some Indian guy in a cubicle halfway around the world to handle some of that traffic. It's not expensive.

Back