Good Start

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerfan

Reaction score
Well, with my 3rd all grain batch under my belt my efficieny was around 74% yesterday. I can live with that. The first two have been aging in my kegs for a week now and I had to sneak a taste wthis weekend. Very clean and smooth. Not as hoppy as I would have liked but I am now FWH so that should help some. What is the fastest anyone has had a batch start fermenting? My last one was within 15 hours or less. Usually I am around 24-30 hours.

Dan

I just brewed a batch of Scottish ale yesterday and it was the first time I've ever made a yeast starter (usually I just get yeast from the local brewery) and I had fermentation start in an hour and ten minutes! I couldn't believe it, and now it's going like a son of a gun! I used a .5 micron diffusion stone for an hour though and I believe that has helped the fermentation a ton.

Back