New house = new beer room

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coastarine

We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
come, you see:

The little brown fridge is the fermentation chamber.
DSCF1145.JPG

DSCF1143.JPG

DSCF1144.JPG

DSCF1142.JPG

Upgrades from last beer room include: larger room, tile floor for easy cleanup, keezer indoors, and a tasting nook.

Oh man. You're makin' me jealous. We just got pre-approved for our first house. Finally getting out of apartment dwelling! Hope to find a place with a little spot like that for me!

SWMBO is very cool about it, we don't have furniture for a spare bedroom and no kid yet so no problem. I just got it all set up today, the keezer is chugging away in there getting all those kegs cold.

That is awesome! A man/beer cave! That room is going to suck some money out of that wallet!

You know, as I was building my brewstand, keezer, and brewing supplies, I was dropping some big bucks on it all, but now I have just about everything I want for brewing. I don't want a conical (yet) or anything like that, every once in a while I come across something that I want, next being a new stirplate (have you guys seen Stir Starters: Yeast stir plate for the home brewer btw?) but all of the big expenses are taken care of. These days I spend about $200 per month on brewing.

Awesome! Props... Now if you move a couch and widescreen in there you'll never have to leave that room again (except to pee)

I hate you, and you suck.

You have all that, and I'm stuck brewing in a 1600 sq ft townhouse...

You've got me beat by 400 sq ft in my townhouse! But I'm house hunting.

I wonder how many people other than those on here take beer into account when they're house hunting? :D

SWMBO is very cool about it, we don't have furniture for a spare bedroom and no kid yet so no problem. I just got it all set up today, the keezer is chugging away in there getting all those kegs cold.

This should make for an interesting "Honey, i'm pregnant" story...

Outstanding beer room! Looks like you even have a nitro tap on the keezer! Awesome!

Let me know how that StirStarter stir plate works out for you!

Let me know how that StirStarter stir plate works out for you!

It came today and I put the link in my sig. That tell you anything? I can't believe how much better it is from my old one. I have complete control over the speed, the bar cannot be thrown, and it is almost silent.

Well the beer room officially graduated to bar today with the addition of a table and stools:
DSCF1261.JPG

I also did some rearranging to get the shelves and brewing equipment into the closet and out of sight:
DSCF1257.JPG

Had to keep the chair, of course:
DSCF1258.JPG

The best part? The addition of the pub table and stools wasn't even my idea. That's right, it was SWMBO's. She works at a furniture store now and gets a discount. Got the 3'x3' table and 4 stools for under $200 and they are very solid.

The lantern, crock pot, cider, and cheap liquor are for our halloween party. The ferm fridge is going to be pulling duty as the soda/mixer fridge. All beverages will come from the bar. Hot cider mulling in the crock pot and rum to mix it with, jagerbombs, vodka/cranberry. All good fall drinks.

Man, the baby's crib will look cool in there:D. Kidding! Congrats. You have done what I've been wanting to do for years.

Back