Since we have a pile of Socal members

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Pacific Beach. If you're in the San Diego area, PM me to meet for a beer and brew.

:mug:

Wow it's been a while since I checked this thread bit it looks like we've got a few guys right here in my area. I'm only a few minutes from Murrieta, and Canyon Lake is just down the street :)

I'd love to join in a HBT meet-up here in this area. It could be just a simple bottle share or a full blown brew meet. I could also host. I have a 3-faucet kegerator inside and a large 2 tower Bev-Air on the patio that has 2 faucets but will hold about 10 cornies :). But I'd be just as happy doing it at somebody else's place. Maybe it could even be a recurring thing and we rotate venues.

Yeah someone mentioned the TVHA. I know a couple of those guys too and intend to join but I never can seem to make their meetings.

I say we set a date after Xmas or right before so we have time to plan and do a brew and BBQ day. I vote for polvo place.

jlajr2483 said:
I say we set a date after Xmas or right before so we have time to plan and do a brew and BBQ day. I vote for polvo place.

I'd love to host but after the first of the year would be better for me. Too much going on this month.

somebody needs to just set up a date, for those that can make it, great,,,,,for those that can't,,,,,,set up another place a month later,this is not rocket science. I would do it at my place,but I'm a FNG. This thread was started in February

Alright then I vote for Saturday January 5th. Xring can you bring something smoked?! By then I should have a few full keys ready to drink. Now just need someone to host my place is too small!

You guys should all meet at balboa park. Only park in sd where you can drink and BBQ (I think BBQ is okay there)

I was out of town when the last one was proposed, but I'd still love to get together if we do another one. We are cuttin' down trees & building fences for a bit in my back yard though, so i can't host. I can bring beer & brewing stuff to do a batch though!

How about a collaborative effort for the Homebrew comp at the DMF? We meet, we brew, we win. I have a shop a block from OAW in Oceanside. Nothing fancy but a space none the less.

I think we need a concrete "I'm hosting here at this date" from someone. Until then it is just a 'yeah, i would host if we do this sometime' kinda thing..

I think we need a concrete "I'm hosting here at this date" from someone. Until then it is just a 'yeah, i would host if we do this sometime' kinda thing..

I hear you and on the flip side, without any interest from others, I will brew at home. The last guy to offer had one person committ to showing up.

I have a warehouse in Oceanside large enough for a meetup. It is a machine shop but there is room inside and out to host a SD/NC meetup and brew. Weekends only as I do run a business during the week. No babes, no swimming pools, no luxury accomodations. I offer place to meet, drink (responsibly), BBQ, Brew and piss. If you need to take a crap, you can use the bushes. I think it would be awesome to get some HBT members out for a collaborative brew session. Did I mention I am literally one block away from OAW?

Are you down, BrewRadley? Be the first on your block.

I'm down to brew most any weekend, assuming I'm in town. I thought my prior post was confirmation, but if you'd like a formal 'I'm in', here it is:

I'm in!

I'll even suggest a date if that helps - how about Sunday, the 24th of March? This is arbitrary and a good day for me (This weekend already kinda full, next weekend is Epic Beer Fest in SD *and* St Paddy's Day parties, 24th is the weekend after that).

For my part, i can bring a keg (or 2 or 3 and/or my backpack keg) and my brew setup is completely mobile so I can do 10 lbs all-grain (and split with someone if they can't bring a rig or whatever).

And we can cruise over to Oceanside Aleworks and get in on some Oaked Sunday action also if we want.

I'm down to brew most any weekend, assuming I'm in town. I thought my prior post was confirmation, but if you'd like a formal 'I'm in', here it is:

I'm in!

I'll even suggest a date if that helps - how about Sunday, the 24th of March? This is arbitrary and a good day for me (This weekend already kinda full, next weekend is Epic Beer Fest in SD *and* St Paddy's Day parties, 24th is the weekend after that).

For my part, i can bring a keg (or 2 or 3 and/or my backpack keg) and my brew setup is completely mobile so I can do 10 lbs all-grain (and split with someone if they can't bring a rig or whatever).

And we can cruise over to Oceanside Aleworks and get in on some Oaked Sunday action also if we want.

Wife's birthday is on the 20th, so I just need to make sure which weekend she has me scheduled to entertain her. Given what you said above and Easter being on the 31st, does not leave much wiggle room. Let me see what I can do with the 24th. I have a single burner and cooler MLT, so mobile enough. I do not have filtered water at the shop. I'll get a jockey box. Wife will give me looks if I load up the kegerator to bring to the shop. I'll post by tomorrow if the 24th will work for me.

If there is a meetup in oside, I'm down..
My setup is too big to move around but I always have acouple of kegs to show up with...
Igotsand

all I have done so far is extract,,,,,,have the stuff to go to the next step. I'd like to go to learn from the classroom and not the internet.
would be willing to help out with set up and clean up

Hey guys, I didn't abandon the thread. I made a few changes to my forum membership and was locked out for a couple days as a result. I would like to make it official and say that I am willing to host on Mar 30th. The Del Mar Fair is now accepting registration for the annual Homebrew Comp and this could make for a fun and collaborative brew session. If anyone is interested in submitting entries:

http://www.sdfair.com/index.php?fuseaction=exhibits.beer_amateur.php

If anyone is interested in getting together, like mentioned before, I have the space. I can provide city water, restroom and a lobby to setup for cornies or bottle sampling. I will look at the cost to get an inline hose filter for water. Let's get a head count. My willingness to put this together is somewhat dependant on how many folks are willing to committ to the date. Actual time TBD.

Checking in from Lemon Grove, I would be interested in meeting up with anyone and taking in some knowlege

For those entering the homebrew comp at the SD fair, we should all meet up on the day they judge the brew, or after? Any takers? I'm entering about 6-7 beers.

Weizer said:
For those entering the homebrew comp at the SD fair, we should all meet up on the day they judge the brew, or after? Any takers? I'm entering about 6-7 beers.

I was going to enter several but ended up submitting only one. meeting other HBT'ers would be cool, though. pin down a location and time in the fair. OR we can all wear sombreros.

HeavyKettleBrewing said:
I was going to enter several but ended up submitting only one. meeting other HBT'ers would be cool, though. pin down a location and time in the fair. OR we can all wear sombreros.

I'll be there in the cluster hopefully under some shade, in one of the tents my brew club does...I'll be with my pregnant wife...
No way on a sombrero, way to hot for a gringo like me..esse
Igotsand

SD North County brewer here. Don't know how I missed this thread. Have been brewing just over two years. Have a 100 or so gallons under my belt mostly whole grain 5 gallon batches. Trying to cover the gamut of what I like to drink and some that just seem fun from Belgians to IPAs to RIS to Sours (this one is still in the carboy). Just started my first Lager, an Augustiner Lagerbier Hell clone. Having fun. Learning. Loving the hobby. Like drinking the product. Haven't made it into any competitions yet but I think I have a couple of great brews in my repertoire. Always willing to learn more.

Back