cheap pump ebay

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I replied to your question in another forum, but I would be curious if you can switch out the fittings to SS. They show is dismantled, but not with fittings removed. I would be curious what is holding the fittings on.

Looks identical to the the Topsflo TS5 pump I got last week from this ebay site. Intended for solar hot-water applications. Mine is rated as food-grade and able to handle boiling wort. I used it for the first time yesterday to recirc through my plate chiller. Worked great with a 12VDC wall wart. I was able to pump worth through my chiller and back up about 5 feet to the top of my BK.

I'm still waiting on the variable DC supply I ordered for it so I can control the rate.

It's expensive, you could probably buy a used march or chugger for that price. I found a used little giant on eBay for under 75 shipped

Looks identical to the the Topsflo TS5 pump I got last week from this ebay site. Intended for solar hot-water applications. Mine is rated as food-grade and able to handle boiling wort. I used it for the first time yesterday to recirc through my plate chiller. Worked great with a 12VDC wall wart. I was able to pump worth through my chiller and back up about 5 feet to the top of my BK.

I'm still waiting on the variable DC supply I ordered for it so I can control the rate.

I would think it would be better to use a ball valve on the outlet side to control flow. Being a magnet drive impeller, choking down the outlet side is safe.

When will the SS fitting pumps be in? is there any guarantee that they will not fail?

Have any of the standard pumps failed?

Is there any warranty?

These pumps are very reliable it is far more likely to have a power supply fail then the pump. Pump is tested to 30000 hours continues use. My own have never let me down thus far.

Back