Auber 2352 Auto tune issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankstoneline

Reaction score
Using an auber 2352 in a rims tube setup, tried autotuning tonight but the element kept firing well beyond the set point (set at 120, autotune started at ~105, element fired to 155 before I shut it off). The manual doesnt shed much light on the auto tune process and i'm somewhat new to working with this sort of setup, am I missing something entirely? Any idea what issues may be?

Most likely you were sill in manual mode. I have done that many times. First make sure you are in auto mode and then when you run autotune the temp should flash while it runs. The heating element should turn off or at least start firing less as it passes your set temp. The water temp may go over a few degrees, but thats just the process it uses to figure out the heating curve.

Not as familiar with the 2352 but typically, the PID will run through 2 or 3 cycles during auto-tune where it greatly over-shoots and then analyses the system response. The 2362 has a parameter to limit the auto-tune over-shoot; not sure if the 2352 has similar.

btw - if you can't get it going send Suyi @ auber and email. He will figure it out with you pretty quickly. Excellent customer service.

Not as familiar with the 2352 but typically, the PID will run through 2 or 3 cycles during auto-tune where it greatly over-shoots and then analyses the system response. The 2362 has a parameter to limit the auto-tune over-shoot; not sure if the 2352 has similar.

would i have to set the auto-tune overshoot/how would I go about doing so?

Latest posts

Back