Lumpy foam head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed_brews_now

Reaction score
I cracked open a bottle after two weeks. One think I noticed that the foam head was not smooth an uniform. I was more like a krausen, but not that extreme -- like protein scum. Though the head sank back in and there weren't chunks of solids floating around.

Did you pour the dregs on top of the head? Or was the head just "rocky?"

If you poured the whole bottle, especially at two weeks old, without stopping before the sediment came out, then you just wound up with a layer of yeast on top of your head.

Might make you fart a little, but other than that you're good. ;)

If the head is clean and you left a little beer (and sediment) in the bottom of the bottle, but your head is sort of rocky, that's okay.

It is kind of rocky.
But I guess it won't win awards.
Did you pour the dregs on top of the head? Or was the head just "rocky?"

If you poured the whole bottle, especially at two weeks old, without stopping before the sediment came out, then you just wound up with a layer of yeast on top of your head.

Might make you fart a little, but other than that you're good. ;)

If the head is clean and you left a little beer (and sediment) in the bottom of the bottle, but your head is sort of rocky, that's okay.

Back