So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't brew, but I did get my second 5g batch bottled! It's a Liberty Cream Ale from MW...sure did smell good going into the bottles!

My sweet wife tells me that my first batch, an Autumn Amber Ale from MW, is MY beer, and this Cream Ale is HERS! Ya, we'll see about that!

glenn514:mug:

Disaster struck!

I was going to brew my Copper Clarity Red Ale for the first time and as I was heating the water to 155 the thermometer broke. I guess it will wait until I go to the LHBS tomorrow to get a thermometer.

Brewing Red Tide ESB and oh what a wonderfull day, except for the minor boil over.
photo.php

Ball Thumper II IPA in the fermenter. Dialed back my efficiency so I ended up with a bit more preboil volume...3 points higher than target and was able to leave behind all the trub and still have just over 6 gallons into the carboy. :rockin:

Brewed my Five o'Clock Pale yesterday... went with Safale S-04 to save some cash and... holy hell! Vigorous fermentation within 4 hours!

2.13 Gallons of "Fraggle Bock" bottled and carbing...
2.13 Gallons of "Donkey Lips Lager" in the keg and fermenting...

March 13th I will move up to my first partial extract brew using all of my new equipment!

Did it all yesterday, and am listening to the burbling of a blowoff tube in a gallon jug as I type this.

1. Brewed a Hefeweizen, using EdWort's recipe (that's the blowoff tube I mentioned).
2. Bottled a porter.
3. Racked a Maibock to secondary, put it in the fridge to lager.
4. Racked a German-style lager to secondary, put it next to the Maibock.

Busy, busy weekend!

Does a starter count? I FINALLY got my White Labs German Bock yeast, so a 3+ liter starter is in order for my Maibock.

Brewing my first All-Grain brew this weekend. A Belgian Trippel. Maybe a little challenging for a first AG brew, but what the heck!

Brewing my first All-Grain brew this weekend. A Belgian Trippel. Maybe a little challenging for a first AG brew, but what the heck!

I actually think the wort production on that beer is pretty simple, the fermentation requires a little attention though.

The lame thing about some of the belgian yeasts (coughWYEAST3787cough) is that you'll hit your attenuation like a champ but the flavor is so dependent on pitching somewhat cool and slowly raising the temp. If your trip is like my first tripel, when you look at your numbers and the yeasts specs you'll feel really confident. If the fermentation doesn't go well you've got 5 gallons of bubblegum brew, rocket fuel or barley-banana smoothie.

just my .02

I want to brew right now. A New Castle that is dead on, except for a hint of honey taste. Looking how to get that honey taste in there faintly. probably just put an oz in the boil.

Brewing a 10 gallon batch of my Haus Amber Ale.

The 5 gallon keg is almost gone and we sucked the 3 gallon keg dry Saturday night, time for another batch.

Honey Wheat:

4# Muntons Pale 2-row (2.5 SRM)
4# Light Wheat Malt (2.2 SRM)
1# Dark Wheat Malt (7.3 SRM)
1.5# Honey from BJ's

Mash @ 152F for 75 min

0.5 oz Cascade @ 60 min
0.5 oz Cascade @ 30 min
1.0 oz Cascade @ Flameout

Using White Labs California Ale Yeast w/ 1.5L starter (.5 for harvesting, 1L for this batch)

Looking for 70% efficiency OG 1.052 -- Mashing now!

BTW - New Thermapen ROCKS!

Brewing up my Vienna IPA. Vienna base malt,Honey Malt,Flaked Barley & a little Chocolate for some interesting color. Hopped with Chinook,Nugget & Ahtanum.:mug:

Brewing an IIPA. Using Vinnie/PTE type process but different hopping. (chinook, sorachi, citra, simcoe, centennial, columbus [dry only]).

Tommorrow I am doing a 25% maize 75% 2-row with a little bit of crystal hops for flavor wort that will be a cream ale (san fran lager yeast at a relatively warm temp) and american lager (ayinger yeast).

Armadillo APA:

5.5 gallons based on 75% efficiency
9 lb 2-row
.75 lb Melanoidin
.5 lb Crystal 40

Mash @ 156 for 75 minutes

.75 oz Amarillo 7.5% @ 60
1 oz Amarillo 7.5% @ 15
1 oz Amarillo 7.5% @ 5
1 oz Amarillo 7.5% @ 1
1 oz Amarillo 7.5% Dry Hop

Safale US-05

Target OG: 1.052

Actually gonna be 5.9 gallons due to extra efficiency. Hops to be adjusted for new volume. Can't wait to taste this one!

My brew partner and I brewed 12 gallons of a belgian dubbel and 12 gallons of amber ale AND bottled 6 gallons of Jamil's Black Widow Porter and 6 gallons of a cascade IPA :rockin:. 9 hours for everything from start to finish, including a run to the LHBS to crush grain because my grain crusher seized up while grinding the second batch. I planned this long day because my wife and three daughters are out of town. My son (11) helped us brew. He has a soccer game this evening and then we are getting tacos and watching a guy movie later (Predator) :mug:. All in all it will be a perfect day.

Back