Barley Crusher Mill from Northern Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The barley crusher is raved about on HBT. Do a search and you'll get more threads than you can shake a stick at (if you were inclined to do so anyway). :) Go for it!

i just got the same crusher from austinhomebrew a few days ago. fits right over one of my old plastic fermenters or one of my mlt. it looks like it works. i won't be using it for another week. :(

sigh, the suspense is killing me.

Unless you have a problem with getting a complete, out of the box mill that WILL make your efficiency go up, you'll love it.

:cross:

eriktlupus said:

Actually the Barley Crusher w/ 15# hopper is 52cents cheaper from Northern Brewer w/ shipping. So if you had were ordering anything else (ie grain, hops,etc) it would only make sense to get it from Northern Brewer.

Now the Barley Crusher w/ 7# hopper is almost $2 more shipped at Northern Brewer but as I said before if you are ordering anything else it makes sense to take advantage of NB's $7.99 shipping.

I bought a Barley Crusher from Northern Brewer and its works great. Easy to adjust.
I use a 5 gallon bucket to catch the grains and have a electric drill I use with it.

I think it has a life time warranty.

Now the Barley Crusher w/ 7# hopper is almost $2 more shipped at Northern Brewer but as I said before if you are ordering anything else it makes sense to take advantage of NB's $7.99 shipping.

Yeah I plan on getting a bunch of other supplies at the same time so NB is the way to go.

Aw, man, I HATE the barley crusher. Thing sucks so bad. Eff that thing, man.

Not really. I love mine. Routinely get 80%+ efficiency with it. Just be sure to never send flaked barley or wheat through it. For some reason, the flakes get stuck in between the dummy roller and the hopper fin, and operation ceases until you physically lift up the whole mill and run the dummy roller backwards from the underside.

Also, if you don't have one already, get a drill!!! Cranking 15lbs of grain by hand is craziness.

Works like an absolute charm. I picked up 15-20 efficiency points once I started using it (55% - 60% to 75% - 80%). Works out of the box. Can't rave enough about it.

well i'm definately sold, and my mind has been eased about buying it, thanks!

Back