New 10g Kettle from Spike Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irish13

Reaction score
So I purchased a kettle when Spike Brewing had a deal on the vendor showcase a few weeks back. I just wanted to share that I could be more happy with my purchase and if anyone is looking to buy or upgrade then you should check out their website spikebrewing.com. Ben the owner is really helpful with any questions you might have and he is quick with to reply.

I just got the 10 gallon kettle with 1 port as this is my first all grain kettle, now I wish I would have purchased one with 2 or even 3 ports (One port for the temp. reading and one for a site glass). Oh well live and learn. Maybe I'll contact them and see if I can send mine back in the future when I'm ready to add on.
Anyway, if anyone else has a Spike kettle, feel free to chime in here.

Cheers!!! :mug:

Spike Brewing.jpg

Spike Brewing 2.jpg

Nice! :mug:

What do you plan on brewing in it first?

Northern Brewer's Pro-Series Hope & King Scotch Ale (from Town Hall Brewery)

Unfortunately, my dad bought the ingredients so I won't get to drink all the results. :cross:

That'll work. There will be many more beers brewed in the kettle. I just did a breakfast stout the other week and now think I'll do a ESB for the wife this weekend. Either way Spike kettles are awesome and well worth the wait and price.

I just ordered my 15-gallon - the 10-gallon looks gigantic. I can't imagine how large the 15 is gonna seem.

Does it have gallon marks inside? how do you all measure your water going in? Noob question I know.

I use a metal yardstick, in my 20 qt and 30 qt pots 2" = 1 gallon. I still have to measure off my 40 qt pot.

Just got mine in today, ordered Tuesday! It looks awesome. I'm extremely happy with the quality so far. Will throw up some pics soon.

Nice! On the 10gal with ball valve did you need to add a pickup tube on the inside of the pot? Or did the ball valve include it?

I ordered a 15 gal stainless steel pot from Spike Brewing a few months ago. Very happy with it. Wish I ordered one much sooner!

241 said:
Nice! On the 10gal with ball valve did you need to add a pickup tube on the inside of the pot? Or did the ball valve include it?

I added a dip tube to the ball valve.

Back