Faucet and Shank thread question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleforge

Reaction score
I don't have the proper special wrench for these, so I used a pipe wrench. They are about as tight as I can get them when holding the faucet portion in my hand while turning. I noticed there is still plenty of thread left, and I was thinking in order to get a proper seal this would have to be 100% seated. However if I am wrong and I really crank down on it I could damage it so I wanted a opinion on it. Here is what it looks like right now.

34f021i.jpg

Thank you!

I don't have a kegging system but the rough egde of that collar bit looks like it should be closeable by hand... did you try to a few times to get it to sit right or go straight for the wrench? I hope I'm wrong...

Hand tight should be fine. Just run some beer and see if you get a leak. There is hardly any pressure there at the tap so you shouldn't need to crank those down too much.

Thanks guys, I noticed it was a "pressure" fit, not o-ring seal off or something soft. So I was worried it had to be torqued way down! I guess if it leaks I will know for sure. :)

This is kind of old, so probably solved by now, but one of my faucets has about the same showing for threads because the flat rubber washer that is normally in the back of the faucet was bad and it was replaced by an o-ring that was thicker than the washer wich didnt let the collar thread on all the way. Still seals up fine.

Back