The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hadn't been paying a lot of attention to the release, since I have my own source for this beer now. But since they're selling more beer because the abbey needs repairs... that's exactly the reason that the monks make beer in the first place. I don't think they view their purpose in life is to brew the greatest beer known to mankind; selling beer is a means to an end, so fine - they need money, if I see Westy 12 in the store I'll give them my damn money!

Minor point of correction:
Monks ORIGINALLY brewed beer because of the fasting during Lent...when their diets were severely restricted, as well as an alternative to unsafe drinking water...here's one link to more info: http://www.st-stefanus.com/en/history

now i suspect they brew it for money as well as FUN! after all, that's why I brew(fun-don't think I could sell it...) :tank:

Hey! I ain't smelly! (not even Egyptian) - just needed something fun and beer related to distract me from the Demonstrations down the block - this thread is amusing, :)

Do you actually get to brew in Egypt or do the
rules of Islam prohibit that? I'm curious about the availability of beer or other alcohol in the area. I'd like to go and dive in the Red Sea someday. (Not until we'll after the current unrest has died down). But if I can't have a beer after the dive I ain't goin'

paulthenurse said:
Do you actually get to brew in Egypt or do the
rules of Islam prohibit that? I'm curious about the availability of beer or other alcohol in the area. I'd like to go and dive in the Red Sea someday. (Not until we'll after the current unrest has died down). But if I can't have a beer after the dive I ain't goin'

Great just what we need. Ptn being a cultural attaché in the Middle East.......

Yeager, are you F'ing serious? You think that you're worldly and well traveled because you got your Disney Passport fully stamped. "Around the World" means more than buying a beer in Canada Land, (And no, we don't want to hear about how you and Leeann played "Around the World" with a bushel of cucumbers and a quart of Mazola.)

And the Cape is the only guy in the history of the world who goes overseas for a semester of college and never left the campus. He's a seasoned world traveller , that one is.

So I had a productive day. Dug a bunch of holes, muxed a bunch of concrete an filled them. Then I set two carrying beams on the piers and squared up the perimeter box for the floor. I need a shed to store stuff, the brew gear, the snow blower, the tractor. I can build a better one for less than what you can buy. 12 x 16 should give me plenty of room.

image-1320812020.jpg

image-828182126.jpg

image-1521076169.jpg

By the time you hit 12'x16', you stop calling it a "shed" and start calling it a "garage." I'm probably going to build a bigger shed in the spring, the one that came with the house just isn't large enough for the bikes, the lawnmower, the new snowblower (it better friggin' snow this year), all the other shovels and wheelbarrows and all that crap. Probably only be something like 10'x6 or 12'x8', depending on whether I keep the existing one or not.

I will be going into my missile silo in the next couple hours. I won't have Internet there. So good luck all you Massholes. I hope it is quick and not too painful. If you end up as zombies, don't come to Vermont. Stay in Mass, fewer guns, although if you are feeding on brains you might just starve down there. Anyway, good luck, if nothing happens, I've set the automatic door lock for one year, so see you then.

You cookin' Q tomorrow at the Bog or do we have to schlep across the street to eat Wendell's shi++y tiny wings? On second thought, Wendell's shi++y wings and a couple of Bud Lites would be a fitting toast to launch the dousing of the Bog Water. I'm picturing Cape wearing a pair of overalls, holding a tree branch in his hand as he walks around the parking lot at The Bog. When he stands over the manhole for the sewer that twig will start twitching in his hands. "Tap here, Matt! Frank, quick! Get the kegs ready! We're taping the source.!"

Maybe you can borrow the Poland Springs ditty...

"Effluent, What it means to be from the Bog."

We are brewing tomorrow..... it is our first official batch... we would like our friends to stop by and say hi given the magnitiude of the day but we are not, otherwise, cooking anythign or or preparing anything. all said and done,if folks just stopped in and said, "hi". that would be 1) greatly appreciated and 2) more than enough

Upon furthur reflection I promise that I will pay the freight, up to $250.00 for a picture of some bimbo stripper sticking her nips in Capes ears on Opening Day. I'm looking for some serious motorboat action here. C'mon you guys know some strippers who are ' a little down on their luck'. Bring em by. The one who embarasses Cape the most wins the quarter. Anyone else want to contribute? We could get a duo or better to molest him. Sort of a kickoff for the "Wild Yeast" line of Boggy Bottom Brews.

Back