what are you Brewing today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomtanner

Reaction score
For me its an oatmeal stout. I'm getting all my Christmas beers in the fermenters so that I can give then out as Christmas gifts. Anyone know where to purchase 4 pack cardboard cases?

brew sites...

I think northern brewer had them when I looked a couple of days ago.

I wish I was ahead of the game enought to making christmas gifts, but alas am still just trying to keep up with my own demand :)

I did a Red Ale

Red Ale
1 LBS CRYSTAL 40
1/4 LBS Roasted Barley
Steep w/3 GAL 30 min 150F

1 LBS DME light 60min
1.5 oz Chinook 60 min

3 LBS DME light 30

3 LBS DME light 15 min
1.0 oz Cascade 15 min
1 tbs irish moss 15 minute

topped up to 5.5 GAL

Cal yeast
YLP001 no starter

Brewcraft Briess Dry Malt (brewers Gold Light)

Got 2 6G batches brewing now. 1 is my Burton Ale,the other a Summer Ale clone my wife brewed up. They're past initial fermentation at this point.

Brewing a California Common with bitter orange peel, and corriander plus added cascade hops to the boil at 30 mins, should be light, hoppy and crisp for those cold winter nights,

Did an Old Peculier clone on Saturday, also as a Christmas present beer. Airlock bubbling away as I write this. Planning on 6 weeks bulk conditioning, then into 750 ML sparkling wine bottles, where it will have 3 weeks to condition before the family gift exchange.

Wow,those look kinda cool for a Christmas party.

They're always a lot of fun. Some of the flavors work better than others, the pack I get at Costco has a raspberry vodka one that is disgusting, but the Jack, Cointreau, and Gran Marnier are all delicious.

Back