Brew Pubs in Philly??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeepDiver

Reaction score
I posted this in pub talk but haven't got much response over there. Figured I'd repost here in a higher traffic area.

SWMBO and I will be in Philly the weekend of May 1st in the Historic District. I get to pick the place to eat one night. If you could pick one place , walking distance form the Liberty Bell, to go where would it be. Not sure if there are any brewpubs around there that would be worth going to, or should I just find a good historic place with good food and beer.

Well I'd almost say skip the brew pub and get what Philly is famous for: the cheese steak. You can find a good brew pub in any city but you cant find cheese steaks like you can in Philly. You can go to Pats or Genos or my personal favorite Jims on South Street.

You will be in brewtopia.

Triumph is the local brewpub in that area (Eulogy is the sweet Belgian beer bar just across the street).

Everything you need to know here: Beer Mapping

P.S. do yourself a favor and seak out a pint of cask conditioned Yards ESA.

Well I'd almost say skip the brew pub and get what Philly is famous for: the cheese steak. You can find a good brew pub in any city but you cant find cheese steaks like you can in Philly. You can go to Pats or Genos or my personal favorite Jims on South Street.

We've already figured out that one of us is getting a cheese steak from Pat's and the other from Geno's and split them :D :mug: then maybe go back for another of which ever is best.

Yeah the closest brewpub in that area is Triumph, but here are a couple others throughout the city are Nodding Head in center city, Dock Street in west Philly, and Earth, Bread and Brewery in Germantown/Mt. Airy.

Since you'll be there on the weekend, I suggest walking over to the Yards brewery on Delaware Ave. and catch the tour and have a few. Their tasting room might even be finished by now.

We've already figured out that one of us is getting a cheese steak from Pat's and the other from Geno's and split them :D :mug: then maybe go back for another of which ever is best.

I've got a pretty definite opinion on which of those is better. I did the same thing one evening and I didn't even think it was close.

EDI: WOOHOOO!!! One Thousand Posts!!!!!

Jim's > Pats > Geno's

Ishkabibble's for chicken steaks

Yeah the closest brewpub in that area is Triumph, but here are a couple others throughout the city are Nodding Head in center city, Dock Street in west Philly, and Earth, Bread and Brewery in Germantown/Mt. Airy.

Please don't try to walk to Dock St. or Earth (or Manayunk for that matter).

Monk's Belgian Café is awsome but $

Independence Brew Pub is allwas a good stop i alwas used to sneak down for a few after jury duty

Nodding Head is another good stop

Monk's Belgian Café is awsome but $

Independence Brew Pub is allwas a good stop i alwas used to sneak down for a few after jury duty

Nodding Head is another good stop

Independence is closed.

seriously, check that beermapping link.

Back