New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Avery's Quad - newly engaged!!

ForumRunner_20120908_175208.jpg

ForumRunner_20120908_175349.jpg

Wrong glass, but its an Australian IPA made from a Brewer's Best minimash kit. I brew ag 95% of the time except when my wife wants to join in, we usually do something we can make inside... been too damn hot to brew outside for her.

IMG_1589.jpg

This is an ag hefeweizen from midwest supplies.....had to choke down a Sol to get the bottle. Clear bottles condition in my freezer-turned-fermentation-chambe, so light is not an issue.

IMG_1013.jpg

Another wheat beer, all grain, to get me through a day of fixing a broken window regulator on my 21 yr old Nissan 240Sx.

IMG_0792.jpg

A Imperial Chocolate Stout my father made over a year ago! Tailored after Rogue's Chocolate Stout just a bit stronger.

IMG_0297[1].jpg

IMG_0299[1].jpg

Ha, all you suckers with your fancy glasses, eat your heart out with this lovely mason jar!

These are a couple of shots of my Redheaded Rye-child II. Version three is in the primary and I'm shooting for a slightly deeper red color but I think this one turned out nicely.

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

90% of the time I reach for the mason jar mug, one of my favorites, and it doubles as a "mini growler" at our local brewery

image-1804521633.jpg

I know! I know! It's a 'tad bit' more than a pint, buuuuut...........

My 1st AG. Summer Ale. Yuuuuuuummy!

Belgian Pale Ale. The simple grain bill (Castle Malting pilsner & biscuit, Weyermann CaraMunich III) and Wyeast 3522 make a complex beer.

BCS Belgian Pale Ale.jpg

jammin said:
^niiice. pretty bad-a to have a glass straight from dusselforf.

o/t but how is your hop devil clone?

It's been tasty and I have a few bottles left I found hiding. I'd like to brew it again as an all grain.

I have 30-some glasses my wife and I brought back from all over Germany when we spent a semester of college there.

My Nutella Stout...which is now sadly tapped out :(

Thankfully i have like 4 22's that i filled up for people who never got the beer...sucks to be them ...

original.jpg

First beer since the summer hiatus: an ordinary bitter brewed with leftovers from last March. 100% Maris Otter and 100% cascade, fermented with S-04. Sorry for the not full glass: I had a sip before taking the picture.

3590qqs.jpg

As far as the beer goes, it's decent, but it's nothing special. The hops and grain were old, but it's wet and drinkable. Looks better than it tastes.

jfr1111 said:
First beer since the summer hiatus: an ordinary bitter brewed with leftovers from last March. 100% Maris Otter and 100% cascade, fermented with S-04. Sorry for the not full glass: I had a sip before taking the picture.

As far as the beer goes, it's decent, but it's nothing special. The hops and grain were old, but it's wet and drinkable. Looks better than it tastes.

Regardless what it may taste like that is a great picture!

Thanks guys. Gotta love a sunny day and clear beer for a good picture. I just wished the beer wasn't so bleh...

McGrizzly's dry stout. It's an extract recipe from my lhbs, but it's good so I keep on making it

image-3103484150.jpg

singlehopamarillosmall.jpg

Single Hop Amarillo American Pale Ale, 5.2% ABV, 40 IBU's, SRM 7. The grain bill is the Uinta Wyld Clone, fermented with Wyeast 2565. I didn't get as much hop aroma as I expected, but it's good, lots of lemon flavor, some orange, and maybe a little herbal like tea. Can't wait to get my hands on some Mosaic, and El Dorado and single hop with those.

MOSAIC™
Mosaic™ (HBC 369) is an aroma hop variety developed by
Hop Breeding Company, LLC that was released in 2012. It
offers a unique and complex blend of floral, tropical, fruity,
and earthy characteristics that translate very favorably into
several styles of beer. Mosaic™ is the daughter of Simcoe®
(YCR 14) and a Nugget derived male.

EL DORADO®
El Dorado® is a special dual purpose variety with exceptional
aroma qualities and high alpha acids. It was developed by
CLS Farms, LLC in 2008 and released in 2010. El Dorado®
consistently elicits responses of fruity notes, specifically
tropical fruit flavors. Other fruit notes offered have been
pear, watermelon and stone fruit.

Link to the 2012 Hop Variety manual pdf at USAHops.org

Bee Cave Brewery Kolsch recipe + 6oz honey malt and dry hopped with German Smaragd hops (.5oz ~ 2 gallons, 4 days).

Unique, smooth with fruity hop flavor and a dab of peppery bitterness.

image-3079917873.jpg

First brew.. Honey Ale. A mostly BMC drinker called it flavorless at two weeks, decent at 3, and solid at 4 1/2 (pictured). Weird considering it's basically a cream ale under 4.0% abv.

image-1401920506.jpg

Back