So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed a nice Rye Pale Ale. My efficiency was crap (68%) but that's probably because the LHBS didn't have any flakes corn so I used grits in a pinch.. :D it was a good day...

Brewed an ipa for a friend's wedding later this summer. Half of my kitchen is under construction so things aren't where they are supposed to be, but things turned out fine after a scramble.

The next challenge is the wheat beer for the wedding. No kitchen at all since tomorrow is demolition day. I plan to brew on thursday and I guess I have to heat the water on the bayou burner.

Got another request for a BBQ at the end of July. We'll see if I get to that in time.

Brewing Northern Brewer's petite saison d'ete on saturday. Looking forward to brewing after a few months without a chance to brew. A keg is empty and waiting finally.

I have an Oktoberfest Lager that I want to get brewing. The starter has been already going to town for a few days, now I just need the time off to actually brew and use it. I'm planning for Friday or maybe Sat if were pushing it.

beerloaf

Started my first brew last Sunday. In full obsession mode now, Thinking about getting a second carboy and brewing again this Sunday.

Jealous of y'all. I'd planned on doing an APA/Porter double header this weekend (in addition to pouring at the Northern Virginia Brewfest). Then I check my bank account to discover I can't afford to buy the grains and hops I need. Haven't brewed in a few weeks and I'm itching! Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait a few more.:mad:

So no, not brewing. But pouring others brew and downing free samples (yay volunteering) will still be fun. (Hoping I get to work one of the many great craft brewers that'll be there and not stuck at the Budweiser booth...)

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! FUNNY CARS!

Okay.. not funny cars..

The g/f and I are doing a double-header.. irish red and porter, 5 gals each. Looking forward to it.

I have a Pliny the Elder up on Saturday and a ESB up on Sunday (if I get to it this weekend). I'm outta kegs but still want to brew. I'm sure by the time I want to keg either I'll have an available keg....:)

I'm brewing a honey cream ale this evening. Going to try out my first March pump that I picked up at a local distillery for about $100 that has never been used. Should be fun.

So today I'm starting my first all grain brew. Going with a Coconut Porter. I only have a 4 gallon boil kettle though. Here's my thought. The local HBS store guy told me that for a 5 gallon batch all grain, I would need at least an 8 gal boil kettle. (8-5)/5=1.6 so the boil kettle needs to be 60% larger than your batch. Using this logic tells me I can do a 2.5 gallon all grain batch in a 4 gallon kettle. Anyone see any issues here?

Thanks,
Matt

Goign to try and brew a stout this weekend (I keep saying that!). Some for this fall/winter and some extra to play around with a NA stout.

Recipe is done and brewsheet in hand. Water adjustment calculated and additions noted on brewsheet. Going to try and measure grains and starting water tonight.

Crossing fingers I'll have the time this time!

Brewed up 5 gallons of my Haus Wit (Belgian) last night, and did a parti-gyle for 4 gallons of a Wheat Pale Ale too.

First all grain Oktoberfest this weekend from BCS. Got the gallon starter chilling in the refrigerator just off the stir plate. Next weekend it's either a Citra Pale Ale or American wheat.

Brewing my own IPA recipe tomorrow, Warrior bittering and 4 oz of Simcoe/Amarillo in the last 15 minutes. Just put the Pacman starter in the fridge and have all the water chemistry hopefully figured out.

Just need to bottle my Chocolate Stout tonight to free up a fermenter :mug:

I'm brewing a honey cream ale this evening. Going to try out my first March pump that I picked up at a local distillery for about $100 that has never been used. Should be fun.

Same here, Honey Cream Ale tomorrow. Looking for some good lawnmower/summmer brew for July/August.

brewing a big american barleywine tomorrow in anticipation for my graduation next may. this will be my last extract before moving into AG. I'm pumped

BainbridgeBrewer said:
Brewing up a Blackberry Wheat to hopefully be served at my wedding in about 3 weeks. Gonna be pushing the time frame, but I think I can swing it.

It'll be fine. If you are using a top fermenting yeast you might have to rack the beer out from under the cake at a little over 2 weeks, and maybe crash it for 2 or 3 days before kegging.

Im going to make a Kolsch tonight, and im going to make Northern Brewers Town Hall 1800 IPA tomorrow. It has 12 oz of british hops and marris otter base. It will be awesome.

Brewing my Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Helles-Bock again. Was huge success time to brew more.

Brewing a house ale this weekend. It's basically a Scothish ale with American yeast and American hops.

I took the final FG on my dark ale yesterday before racking it to secondary for the bourbon/French oak chip addition. So far,I'm looking at 5.9%ABV! ooooh,yeeeeaaah...:tank:

I have a Pliny the Elder up on Saturday and a ESB up on Sunday (if I get to it this weekend). I'm outta kegs but still want to brew. I'm sure by the time I want to keg either I'll have an available keg....:)

All went well this morning. Pliny is already bubbling in the fermenter. After a bad experience fermenting my imperial stout in a bucket I'm a bit worried as this is an 8% beer. Guys at local home brew shop said fermcap would do the trick. I certainly don't need another explosion-not fun to clean up. I must admit it was funny to get the call that it happened while my wife was having girls over for dinner.

Cheers!

Brewing a peppercorn rye ale this weekend. Kit with my own twist added. Should turn out great. Also plan on making some applejack.

Brewing up a big batch of a rye saison. I wanted to do rolled spelt but couldn't source any last night so since I had 25lbs of rye around I used some. Fermenting with East Coast Yeast Farmhouse Brett ECY03.

As soon as we get off our lazy butts, we're going to start. Hopefully will make it through two batches today.. if not, maybe batch #2 on Wednesday-ish. :)

Back