Keggle Build (help with leak!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeonderdonk

Reaction score
So I built my first keggle tonight. I started trying to take the top off with a dremel and after an hour and little impact I picked up an angle grinder from Lowe's.

The top came off like butter and I smoothed it out.

I drilled a hole for a pipe nipple with a unibit and put the assembly together thusly (from outside to inside of keg)

barb - ball valve - o-ring - pipe nipple - o-ring - lock nut - compression fitting - copper dip tube

When i fill the keggle over the hole line there is a small leak. No dripping but the area under the ball valve on the keg becomes moist.

What can I do to fix this? A rubber washer instead of o-ring? Caulk on the outside of the keggle?

Please offer your advice.

Other than the link I am stoked about the keggle.

Did you use teflon tape on all the threaded connections? If you want it a little more fool proof, you can put a locknut between the ball valve and outside Oring and solder the oring to the ball valve.

you cant have too much teflon...i did about 10 wraps per fitting, and no leaks..

i used the washers too.

Latest posts

Back