Sam Adams summer pack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zurcj20

Reaction score
I just bought a Sam Adams summer pack so that 1- I could get more bottles, and 2- so I could try some different beers. It has lager and light lager, a hefe, blackberry wit, pale ale, and the summer ale. Are these good representations of these styles?:confused:

just had the blackberry wit. it was not very good. it tasted like blackberry coolaid/wit. stay away from the imperial white as well.

So you're saying Sam Adams doesn't know how to make a wheat beer with fruit in it? Noooo :D

(next you'll tell me not to trust their lambic!)

Same experience here. I liked the summer and the lager but did not like the blackberry.

Well I had one of the blackberry this evening. I didn't think it was too bad. Not my favorite but not undrinkable.

Well I had one of the blackberry this evening. I didn't think it was too bad. Not my favorite but not undrinkable.

yeah i also finished the blackberry, but i couldn't finish the imperial white. bleeeeh.

I don't have the imperial white. But i guess I'll stay away from it. I also had one of the hefes. It was my first hefe and I must say I liked it.:ban:

I don't like how they put beers like their light lager in their mix packs.

You sure you had the Imperial White in your summer pack? I think that was part of their Longshot series.

I had the Imperial White at the SAVOR beer/food festival in DC this past May. I drank it without a problem. Then again, I had tasted about 30 other beers by the time I stumbled over to the SA table, which may have had something to do with it. I don't think I was able to taste anything at that point of the night. ;)

I don't think Sams hefe tastes at all like a hefe.It's just a wheat beer with ale yeasts.It's pretty good,but nothing like a hefeweizen.

I tried the Summer Ale at a local restuarant, on tap. I was disappointed in the lack of taste. It was extremely bland.

Mix packs just plain suck IMO. There is inevitably one or more dogs in the batch that the brewer is utilizing the mix pack as a way of offloading the swill that should be used as drain cleaner.

I have yet to see a mix pack that contains 100% winners, the closest is the Wychwood Brewing mixpack, but even that had one that was a so-so beverage at best.

+1 on mix packs suck. Especially SA mix packs. I find most SA offerings to be a bit lack-luster and don't go out of my way to try new ones. The best beer I have had with a Sam Adams label on it is the Double IPA from the '09 Longshot. I think it was a Pliny clone.

The Long Trail Winter Survival pack is the only one I can think of that's worth the price tag.

My blackberry wit went straight down the sink drain after 1 sip. I am still stuck with the other bottle. It has been sat in the fridge for the past few months.

Me and the wife like totally different styles. Odds are if I don't like a beer she will, so we enjoy mix packs!

Mix packs just plain suck IMO. There is inevitably one or more dogs in the batch that the brewer is utilizing the mix pack as a way of offloading the swill that should be used as drain cleaner.

I have yet to see a mix pack that contains 100% winners, the closest is the Wychwood Brewing mixpack, but even that had one that was a so-so beverage at best.

FWIW... I've enjoyed both the Tommyknocker Train Mix & Mother Lode Sampler but Tommyknocker isn't available everywhere. Tommyknocker Breweries and Pubs :rockin:

Back