Good uses for spent grain?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnio

Reaction score
So the more I do PM and thinking about going to AG I am thinking about what to do with all those grains. Currently I am putting them in a bag and throwing them away, but that is pretty much a pain in the butt and seems like not the most environmentally friendly way of dealing with them....will they compost on their own if I just throw them in with some dirt and "till" it together?

I found out the hard way that trub will kill plants, so I was a little leery about experimenting with the spent grains.

Thanks, I did a search, but never found that thread.

Also take a look at the Bread thread. There's a recipe for spent-grain whole wheat bread that is pretty wonderful. I just made a couple more loaves the other day. Good stuff.

Chad

eta: direct link to recipe

2 cups of grain, 2 cups of Peanut butter, 1 cup flour 1 egg.

Place in cookie sheet scour into squares - bake 350 for 30 minutes. turn off stove and leave it there for a few hours.

Dog will be your best friend.

Mine LOVES them. I could sell them if I wanted too! Doggie Beer Bars

2 cups of grain, 2 cups of Peanut butter, 1 cup flour 1 egg.

Place in cookie sheet scour into squares - bake 350 for 30 minutes. turn off stove and leave it there for a few hours.

Dog will be your best friend.

Mine LOVES them. I could sell them if I wanted too! Doggie Beer Bars

Sounds like something I might eat too! :rockin:

Back